Great Words

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Great Words

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Jan 22, 2005 12:09 pm

Evo,

You have the flair for the linguistics (see label lore). From another point of view, imagine a sheep on its back that can't get up :-)

As my clan is from Yorkshire, (I grew old in Canada) I thought I would post the whole damn thing.

Dogger

BLACK SHEEP RIGGWELTER YORKSHIRE ALE
Brewed in Masham, Yorkshire, England

Riggwelter's coffee flavor hits the roof of the mouth with a bitter zap and remains there. Hints of chocolate firm up the mouthfeel as the well-calibrated bitterness stays the course. Its dark, red-brown body actively supports a craggy tan head. A malty aspect weaves in and out, softening the bitter quality a bit. The coffee presence returns at the end in a more subdued guise. This is a sturdy, very likable ale.

LABEL LORE
Riggwelter is derived from the old Norse words rygg ("back")
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Evo » Saturday Jan 22, 2005 8:27 pm

Ahhhh... nice. So you've got a bit of Yorkshire in you Dogger ? Could think of worse things to have in me. And Masham, is it not the home of possibly the best ever English ale, Theakston's Old Peculiar ? Can't go wrong.

As for the "rigged" sheep, where do I get me one of them ? What's it like shagging a sheep ? Not b-a-a-a-a-d.
Evo - Part Man, Part Ale
Evo

Postby drgood » Sunday Jan 23, 2005 12:34 pm

Evo, so thats where the northern hemisphere kiwi live,or is he pulling the wool over you eyes.
drgood

Postby grabman » Sunday Jan 23, 2005 12:53 pm

let's hope he hasn't been fleeced!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Return to General discussion