Go to the HBS and buy some kit
36%
Fill the CO 2 Cylinder
No votes
Go to the Beach at Grand Bend and watch the racing
No votes
Drink Beer
36%
Figure out how to get the Kebob Shop in (sorry Evo can't let it go)
18%

Total votes : 11

What to do on Friday?

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 8:01 am

Ok you lot,

I got such a good response from my last round of what to do's thought I would try one more

I am off on Friday, in all likelyhood I will have a fat head from Thursday night, as this is what happens when you grow old.

So, remembering of course I have school work to do (honestly, 41 years old think I would get it right eh) but what should be done on Friday to while away the hours.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Jay » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 10:38 am

Dogger,

Surely you could use your noggin and try and combine a few of the above tasks (eg. racing/beer could work). However I've done some number crunching here and I don't think shovelling snow and school work will fit in (just watch it pile up and take the zero).
Kebab shops don't really require all that much room..i've bought a few early morning lamb sandwichs from a bloke in a caravan just big enough to hold the vendor and his large rotating lump of dodgey meat on a spit that has managed to conveniently park itself outside a pub at closing time.

Enjoy your day off,
Jay

P.S. Speaking of days off tomorrow's Australia Day, good luck with the Sparkling Ale.
Jay

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 10:56 am

Thank You,

I will put in the fridge tonight and will sing its praises tomorrow (your time, Its still yesterday for me) Don't worry I will do it right

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Evo » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 12:57 pm

Yeah, it would be better if the pub didn't CONTAIN the kebab shop. I'm thinking a caravan, as Jay suggests, that isn't visible upon entry, but appears upon getting booted out of "Dogger Inn" (for want of a better name). I understand this could be difficult, but you've got a whole extra day to think about it.

As for the homework thang, there isn't a job worth doing that can't be done better under pressure. That philosophy got me through high school.
Evo - Part Man, Part Ale
Evo

Postby gregb » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 6:10 pm

Always leave the homework/study until the morning of the exam, that way it is fresh in your mind.
Last edited by gregb on Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregb

Postby beermeister » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 6:10 pm

I can't help but think we are a lazy lot, looking at our votes. But then again, what a tragedy it would be to spend a day off shovelling snow (or in an Australian's case, fighting bushfires) or studying.

Ahh, kebabs...is there any food more suited to the drunken customer?
beermeister

Postby gregb » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 6:12 pm

Has anyone ever had a kebab when they were sober?
gregb

Postby grabman » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 7:21 pm

yep, had one for lunch yesterday! with extra chilli and fried onion, bloody excellent. Then went on drinking binge after, I know that's backwards but hey gotta eat before drinking.
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Jan 25, 2005 10:06 pm

Can someone get me a pic of one of these things.

I would like to know what I am missing

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Return to General discussion