beer can save your life

Other topics - beer-related or not.

beer can save your life

Postby Dilbert » Tuesday Feb 01, 2005 6:13 pm

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found a drunken Richard Kral staggering on a mountain path four days after his Audi was buried, Ananova.com reports.

Unable to dig himself out, he drank one of 60 half-litre bottles of beer in the car and realised he could melt the snow with urine - then drank the rest.

"It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there," he said.
Dilbert

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Feb 01, 2005 7:04 pm

Is there anything that beer can't do?
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Hillbilly » Tuesday Feb 01, 2005 7:33 pm

Lucky he did'nt have Fosters with him, he would of had to make a choice, dont drink the beer and die, or killing himself by drinking the 60 bottles.
Ooee it's a tough one. :roll:
Hillbilly

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Feb 01, 2005 7:48 pm

Yes, that really is a dilemma in the true meaning of the word (a choice between two equally unattractive options).

Jeez. It's a toughie.

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Feb 01, 2005 10:10 pm

I would also suggest that the car wasn't that deep.

Think about it, 30 litres of pee is not that much I can do the thermodynamics on that but I don't think you could melt much

Sorry to burst a good story

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Oliver » Wednesday Feb 02, 2005 8:51 am

Dogger,

If there's one thing I've learned in my years working in newspapers it's this: "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story." :wink:

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to General discussion