International Passification Day

Other topics - beer-related or not.

International Passification Day

Postby Dogger Dan » Sunday Feb 13, 2005 6:37 am

Just like to remind everyone next Saturday is International Passification Day. I am sure our friends at Pyssedas are preparing as we speak. Remember to passify your stainless and copper with a weak acid wash like 5 percent vinager in order to remove the dreaded monster called oxidation. Very important that, to have no oxidation on the kettles and kegs. An additional requirement is to have a beer or two also followed by BBQ on the porch. I am sure it is in legeslation over here and you can actually go to jail if you don't comply. Additionally change the batteries on the Carbon Monoxide detectors in your house

Stay with me folks, I can always come up with a really good reason to have a beer that the missus will accept.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Oliver » Sunday Feb 13, 2005 10:36 am

Carbon monoxide detectors?
Oliver
Administrator

Postby grabman » Sunday Feb 13, 2005 12:03 pm

Would they be smoke detectors!

Maybe it's a language thing Oliver, you know Canada just being different. (Tonue firmly planted in cheek)
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Dogger Dan » Sunday Feb 13, 2005 10:32 pm

Nope,

Carbon Monoxide detectors, you put them in the basement by the furnace so if you aren't venting right, you wont kill yourself. We used to have a canary down there but........ This all comes about because Canadian homes are relatively air tight in witer. Always a couple of folks that die from it every year.

(you guys know what a furnace is for right?) :wink:

Dogger
Last edited by Dogger Dan on Sunday Feb 13, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Sunday Feb 13, 2005 10:35 pm

I am planning to build a cellar during the week just so i can test it!
For smaller, more nimble home-brewing advice visit us at: http://www.pyssedas.com/forum - huzzah!
Pyssedas Heavy Industrial

Postby beermeister » Monday Feb 14, 2005 1:04 am

Dogger,

Yeah we know what furnaces are, but only from American films/tv shows.

You can get what we call ducted heating or reverse cycle airconditioning in Australia, but most of the country doesn't get cold enough often enough to really warrant it.

Maybe that's why we don't have basements - no furnaces?

BM
beermeister

Postby Dogger Dan » Monday Feb 14, 2005 3:25 am

I was only pulling your leg

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby beermeister » Monday Feb 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Oh right - sarcasm - hence the " :wink: "

:oops:

BM
beermeister

Postby mordy43 » Monday Feb 14, 2005 9:14 pm

cooberpedy they live in cellers it must make you thirsty to live up stairs nothing wrong with that.
a man is not a camel
mordy43

cellar building

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Sunday Mar 13, 2005 1:18 pm

goddamit - thats the last time i build a cellar - it was perfect except for the fact that i forget to build a door to get in and out of it - i've been in there for a month - phew - now back to the brewing
For smaller, more nimble home-brewing advice visit us at: http://www.pyssedas.com/forum - huzzah!

Postby Dogger Dan » Sunday Mar 13, 2005 11:35 pm

Sorry,

I should have mentioned something about that :wink: :lol:

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby tyrone » Monday Mar 14, 2005 12:12 am

Little bro lived in Detroit for a while and was tellin me about carbonmonoxide detectors apprently the poor bastards that can,t live in gods own (the great southern land)Have to shut up their houses in the winter(Whatever that is-Maybe tracky tops at night?dunno!) Have them to remind tham to open a window every couple of days to let in some fresh air.I cant figure why you want to be inside in barby (read beer) season anyway! :!: :?
Drinking: wheat
listening to:80's greatest hits
tyrone

Postby Dogger Dan » Monday Mar 14, 2005 4:24 am

Tyrone

http://groups.msn.com/DoggersHomebrew/shoebox.msnw?Page=Last

I consider this subject explained
:wink:

Dogger
Dogger Dan

passification day

Postby Pyssedas Heavy Industrial » Wednesday Mar 30, 2005 12:31 am

heyall - jus thought that i would let you know that we have made our first orange aid according to dogger's recipe - in his honour [and i hope he considers it as such] we have named it "passification day orange aid" sooner or later that is going to confuse a houseguest...

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Mar 30, 2005 10:18 pm

Many Thanks

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby Guest » Tuesday Apr 05, 2005 3:57 pm

BLOODY HELL!!! Whats it like to live in such a climate?The dif here is only about 20 c a year between hottest and coldest?

Return to General discussion