nicknames

Other topics - beer-related or not.

nicknames

Postby munkey » Tuesday Jun 07, 2005 11:26 pm

hay people,

a recent thred got me wondering about the oragins and possibly circumstances by wich your online knicknames arose

i opporate under a few knicknames, the main 2 are egg and munkey,
egg is a long story involving being a troll to insite people into pointless but whitty dialouge.

and munkey origanaly comes from my childhood, ware i used to be incredibly good ar climbing trees to get conkers, and in some cases run along branches and jump into sourounding trees, this erned me the title of tree monkey, then later in life i had my hair died and looked like munkey of the hit tv show munkey madness, this re sparked te knickname,

otherwise i usaly get called janzey after my second name...... boaring.
munkey

Postby Goatee » Wednesday Jun 08, 2005 12:34 am

i went goatee, because at the time of signing up for something i had just trimmed my beard into one, and also it contains the word Goat. Awesome creature, bad tempered :twisted: but good footing (which reminded me of me, except the good footing part).
Goatee

Postby NTRabbit » Wednesday Jun 08, 2005 3:41 am

I've been NTRabbit (the long version, the NT is a contraction, but Rabbit isnt because somebody already had NTR on Westwood Online) for over 10 years, long before the internet started entering the mainstream, and a few years before i was online myself.

And no, it has nothing to do with Windows NT :wink:
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby GTI86 » Wednesday Jun 08, 2005 10:21 pm

First choice was burnsy after my last name but get called that everyday so
GTI86 after suzuki swift gti 86 model the car I currently drive pretty lame
hey but its easy for me to remember :roll:
GTI86

Postby munkey » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 2:01 am

mr burns then...... are you filthy ritch and have a servent caled smitheres :lol:
munkey

Postby Dogger Dan » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 6:58 am

Dogger

It was easier than Fido Seducer

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Beerpig » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 8:19 am

Original nickname was mahaba, have just changed it because I finally worked out how to do it

Cheers
Beerpig

Postby db » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 9:00 am

Dogger Dan wrote:Dogger

It was easier than Fido Seducer

Dogger

:shock:
db

Postby grabman » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 10:19 am

grabman comes from comments made by mates over the years about my always grabbing the best spot at the footy or races or anywhere else we end up. They complain I have the knack to just get what I need/want!

I just think of it as a skill!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby anti-fsck » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 11:59 am

<http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=523&highlight=fcuk>

I'm sure Dogger is still sorry he ever asked me. I'm sure as hell sorry that I replied.
imbibo caveo ne canis morsus vos
http://antifsck.dyndns.org
anti-fsck

Postby mentalmayham » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 3:42 pm

Mine I've had for a long time now. It came from a bad time in my life when i was suffuring from depression and hitting alot of mental health chat rooms. All i would do is go into the rooms and cause utter mayhem so i started to call myself Mentalmayham, and I like it :lol: :lol: :lol:
mentalmayham

Postby Evo » Thursday Jun 09, 2005 7:26 pm

Good topic Munkey. I've often wondered about a few nicknames on this board. Dogger's for one. Don't know why I've never asked. Maybe I was afraid of the answers.

Can't say much for mine except that it comes from the standard Australian nickname formula. First syllable of the first name or surname and an o whacked on the end of it. Inventive stuff.

Have also been nicknamed Donkey Boy by a more imaginitive mate (I don't mean like an invisible friend, I mean a mate with a good imagination). I was "going out with" a girl at the time that was way out of my league (apparently). The only explanation that he could come up with was that I must be hung like a donkey, cause there was no other way she'd be interested in me. It's good to have mates like that. Actually it WAS good cause at least it made them (females) wonder....
Evo - Part Man, Part Ale
Evo

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Jun 10, 2005 9:52 am

So,

Seeing I have raised eyes, a Dogger is a polite term for one who "Seduces Fido" or "Screws the Pooch" or "Fornicates the Canine" which is actually a bit of a compliment in some areas if you can turn it into an art and still produce. Another polite way of putting it is "You Dogger".

I played this off with a Brit cartoon strip called "Dangerous Dan" which led to Dogger Dan.

Later in life I wished I could have changed it a bit so it was the "Artful Dogger" (a play on Dickens, "The Artful Dodger" from Oliver Twist) which, by the way, will be the name of my own pub should I ever be so fortunate (currently it is in use but only on a personal consumption basis).

For those that have seen my pics, the other half of the operation is that black character, who is lovingly known as "Snow Dog" which comes from a Rush Album

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby flosso » Friday Jun 10, 2005 12:19 pm

A rather long story for mine:

Back in primary school I obvliously sported an afro much to the amusement of my classmates. They would say it looked like fairy floss (cotton candy I think it is called elsewhere). One day in class we read a book called Flossy Flamingo, so I was instantly dubbed Floss after that.

The nickname has stuck for 20 years so once I got online it was the natural choice for a username. People started thinking someone called 'Floss' must be a female, so I changed it to flosso to try and add a bit of masulinity to it.
flosso

Postby Conrad » Friday Jun 10, 2005 2:46 pm

Flosso - and AUstralianise it. Just put an O or an Y on the end of it.

My name on here is pretty unimaginative - it is actually my name! Although when being introduced to introducing myself I often get "so whats your real name?!?!"

I have been know as The Rad online as well. This is reference to my name and the fact that a guy I rowed surf boats with was HUGE on nicknames (he calls himself The Captain) that he felt he had to give me a nickname - so The Rad it was?!?
Life is too short to drink cheap beer!
Conrad

Postby db » Friday Jun 10, 2005 3:28 pm

Conrad wrote:My name on here is pretty unimaginative - it is actually my name! Although when being introduced to introducing myself I often get "so whats your real name?!?!"

the story of my life. my nickname has always been my last name (if that counts as a nickname).. but i guess thats what you get when your last name is 'beers'
db

Postby Merlin » Friday Jun 10, 2005 3:42 pm

GTI86 after suzuki swift gti 86 model the car I currently drive pretty lame
hey but its easy for me to remember

GTI86, you'll be pleased to know I can probably beat you on lameness of nickname - I use Merlin because it's my cats name, and as you said, it's just easy to remember.
Merlin

Postby the Baron » Saturday Jun 11, 2005 7:54 am

A mate and I were given the name the beer barons in highschool as we were selling our homebrew at parties and the episode of the simpsons where alcohol is prohibited had been on TV and Homer had been doing much the same thing as us and had been called the beer baron. We did not however make much money as we either drank all our brew ourselves or other mates waited till we got merry before asking for any and we just gave it away (mind you what we were drinking back then was nothing to write home about so the joke was probably on them). The name fell out of existence when people looked old enough to start buying their own grog and didn't have to drink the cat piss we were selling, but my de facto saw the episode a year or two ago and revived the name (thanks to channel ten for endless re-runs of the show)
This is the writ of the Baron, thou art truly blessed.
the Baron

Postby sago » Tuesday Jun 14, 2005 10:32 am

SAGO-- derivation of surname Sayles
First dubbed in primary school as a trio of mates.
We used to have sago pudding with the ubiquitous school dinners.

Sago,Milk and Bones.

Myself ,Keith Milne and Jim Jones.

My mother once said she thought the nickname was because I had little white slimy balls!!!! How cruel.
Alpacas are larger than nattterjack toads
sago

Postby GTI86 » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 7:30 pm

Not to lame merlin and alas im far from rich
GTI86

Return to General discussion