Share the wealth
85%
Nah, not worth it
15%

Total votes : 13

Help Needed

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 10:46 am

Ok folks,

Will go out on a limb here. There is an outfit looking to stock pile 1000 litres of brew.

Truly a worth cause says eye

Imagine being part of a group to drink 1000 litres of high quality brew

Anyone else game for this cause?

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 10:49 am

I will donate my current bottle fund to the cause, some 15 gallons, (60 litres give or take)

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby peterd » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 11:05 am

I am perfectly happy to donate some: do you think they will mind if I strain it through my kidneys first? :-)
peterd

Sometimes I sits and drinks, and sometimes I just sits
(with apologies to Satchel Paige)
peterd

Postby Merlin » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 11:25 am

Hey Dogger, is that the Pyssedas Heavy Industrial outfit that you speak of?

Actually I'm kind of interested as to how much homebrew the members of this fine forum currently have stockpiled between them? I personally have around 50 litres sitting in my garage awaiting consumption and around 30L more in fermenters awaiting bottling. How does everyone elses store look?

Cheers

Merlin
Merlin

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 11:47 am

Merlin

That would be the crew.

Am not seeing a wack of change on their supply and after having them do a Cats Ass job on the pub crawl I figured I would take this on as a personal issue and help get to 1,000 by years end.

As for me I save about a 4 litres a batch, all goes to the swing top if I can, have some in 1 litre PETS and 500 ml PETS though. Last of those bad boys for a while seeing I am out sourcing the Grosch bottle. I have a line on some of the rumoured 5 Litre bottles to.

Come on Folks,

A worthy cause really

Then we get to drink it, and we can have tees to, maybe jackets, anyone want a pony?

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby peterd » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 11:54 am

> Actually I'm kind of interested as to how much homebrew the members of this fine forum currently have stockpiled between them? I personally have around 50 litres sitting in my garage awaiting consumption and around 30L more in fermenters awaiting bottling. How does everyone elses store look?

I have a tad over 300 litres of homebrew, plus about another 50 litres of quality commercial beers. Maybe I should start drinking soon? :-)
peterd

peterd

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 11:58 am

Peterd you won a pony :lol: :lol: :shock:

Please tell me where to send it

A couple more hits like that and its a done deal before midnight my time

Imagine,

Thanks Peterd

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby peterd » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 12:06 pm

> Peterd you won a pony

Actually, I suspect I substantially underestimated on the quantities of beer in storage: didn't want to be accused of being a hoarder not a drinker :-)

How many more litres would I have to have to get that pony upgraded to a fully-fledged horse?
peterd

peterd

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 12:10 pm

Its living in basement right now eating my grains

Hope Evo is feeding the sled some gas

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby peterd » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 12:14 pm

oh yeah, and I would have had another 12 litres of Dark Ale were it not for a recent unfortunate mishap involving bulk priming :-(
peterd

peterd

Postby gregb » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 1:21 pm

Are we just notionally adding our couple of bottles worth to an overall tally, or do we actually have to share?

It's not that I have a problem sharing my brews, but I get uncomfortable when my bottles are out on loan.

With out doing a carfull inventory I have about 200 odd litres ready to drink, 20 odd litres bottle conditioning and 20 odd litres sitting in the primary 4 days old.

Greg.
gregb

Postby peterd » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 1:45 pm

An idea might be something along the lines of the InterContinental Pub Crawl (tm).

We create a distributed repository of beer, carefully catalogued of course. At some agreed time, and in lots of places, we simultaneously get down to the manly task of demolishing said repository (really, not virtually - i.e. in real reality, not virtual reality :-) )

Alternatively, if someone is prepared to pay the freight charges, I am happy to contribute some physical product to a central repository: the bottles I have in mind are ugly little steinlager and heineken bottles, in 330ml!
peterd

peterd

Postby grabman » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 3:26 pm

as to the stockpile I currently have:
    20L in Fermenter
    3 kegs @ 19L each ( well 2@19 and 1 half full)
    bottles galore at present as I'm stocking up for next summer! I'd say looking at the crates etc I have around 400 full bottles, a mixture of 375mL and 740mL. These represent left overs from some brews and some full brews.

In total close on 300L with another brew to go down on weekend!

The wife thinks I need to get a permit to store it all!!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Evo » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 5:49 pm

Whoah Nelly !

Firstly, I'm having troubles coming to grips with what you're asking us to do Dogger. Give away beer. :shock: I mean, borrow my car, take my last Rollo, I'll loan you my Mrs, but GIVE AWAY MY BEER ?! Are you mad ?!

Second, good thing Peter, Greg and Grab cheered me up again with the amount of beer they have stockpiled. And I thought I should be nicknamed Dan Murphy. You guys have the market sewn up. Grab with 300L, Greg with 200L and Peter with over 300L. Dogger I'd hazard a guess your stockpile would be around the 300 mark too. That is some serious ass beer.

And thirdly, what the hell is with whoring around my bloody pony like that ? By the time I get her she'll be... well... she'll be used, to put it politely.
Evo - Part Man, Part Ale
Evo

Postby steveo » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 8:30 pm

Damn, I just can't seem to get ahead. At this time of year they're too slow. Maybe I can catch up over summer when I can push out 1 a week or so. My stores are: 3 750's (yes, 3 bottles) of draught, 1 batch of cider that just WON'T condition, a stout 11 days old, and a lager 4 days old.
Steve no function beer well without
steveo

Postby dawg waterer » Wednesday Jun 15, 2005 8:42 pm

I heartily endorse Dogger's plan.

We have tried for over twelve months to get ahead on the stockpile front, but converting stubbies & longnecks & swing tops & whatever to litres is thirsty work.

However whatever additions you have will be carefully added to (currently low hint) inventory levels.. :D
I don't know much about beer but I like what I know.

Visit our beery blogs at http://www.geocities.com/pyssedas
dawg waterer

Postby Brew Nerd » Thursday Jun 16, 2005 1:14 am

I've usually got between 180 - 200 750ml longenecks in the garage, and a brew on the go. I'm in a 2 week cycle. And I'm usually drinking at nite.

Back to the topic..what was the cause again? A worthy outfit. I've been out to see a band tonight and I'm v. drunk. Is the outfit lurex? Or not sparkly at all?

Heck, I've got a couple of dopplebocks that would scare the pants of the uninitiated, if that counts.
Brew Nerd

Postby Dogger Dan » Thursday Jun 16, 2005 7:15 am

Pyssedas,

Show the party faithful the way, like I said, a worthy cause.

Evo, you aren't really giving away beer, think of it as a bank and when we get to the majic number then...well......majic happens.

By the way, Snow Dog is enjoying the pony. The problem is, it only knows one trick, at least it isn't painted. Will have to put some pics up one day

(That was really bad) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby Merlin » Thursday Jun 16, 2005 11:24 am

you guys have 200 and 300L sitting around awaiting consumption? Geez, you've embarrassed me fella's :oops:

Off to the HBS for me this weekend, got some catching up to do! :lol:
Merlin

Postby grabman » Thursday Jun 16, 2005 11:45 am

don't forget though Merlin, some of these are stouts etc that benefit from 12 months or so of aging prior to drinking!

I'm also trying a naturally conditioned keg at the moment, got an Edme Red Ale that will go in the keg this weekend!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Next

Return to General discussion