Toto, We are not in Kansas anymore

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Toto, We are not in Kansas anymore

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Jun 17, 2005 9:44 am

Guys,

We had a tornado touch down about 1 km from my house the other night. Pretty devistating. No loss of human life, one cat gone, but the damage is huge.

Cars with trees on top, trees in the middle of the road, trees through houses and the local funeral home, cars in houses. (no shit)

Me and mine are fine and had no damage done but to actually see this thing touch down was very impressive, saw it out my front window, trees lying horizontal with the wind. My daughter was just amazed and was frozen stiff seeing this thing. I actually had to pick her up and carry her very ungraciously into the cold cellar. It was a tornado for all of about 10 secs and then became a funnel cloud again as it flew over my roof.

By the way, the cold cellar has 5 gallons of my finest and 60 bottles of wine, some cans of spam, a couple of cans of oysters and some crackers.

I knew I was going to be OK.

Environment Canada confirmed it as a "soft tornado" last night

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Re: Toto, We are not in Kansas anymore

Postby Oliver » Friday Jun 17, 2005 10:08 pm

Dogger Dan wrote:... the cold cellar has 5 gallons of my finest and 60 bottles of wine ...

As long as the alcohol survived unscathed :lol:

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby grabman » Friday Jun 17, 2005 11:56 pm

glad it missed you Dogger, we need your level head and keen wit around here to help keep the children in line!!!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby munkey » Saturday Jun 18, 2005 12:11 am

yeh you could have died, or been seriously injured and we all woulda been none the wiser.
imagin that, iv nearly died a few times its quite scairy.
also glad that no one was injured.

oh and your offer about welcomeing me in canada............. well erm, iv got to was my hair.
8) englend victorious "ashes 2005" 8)
munkey

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Jun 18, 2005 2:24 am

Guys,

You go to the Cold Cellar in case of tornados, Roof in the case of floods and snow, well, just stay inside with the Porter.

I have 5 gallons in the attic to.

Seems I have a ready use locker just about everywhere.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Return to General discussion