AFL anyone

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: AFL anyone

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Sep 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Now it's my turn to say "well there's always next year."

Hell of a game. A real credit to the Dogs, they managed a great game against a team that was desperate.

Pity to see an end of such a dominating era. No more Paul Roos. No more Brett Kirk.

At least Roosy did well enough to set the team up with such strong young talent for the seasons to come. It was with a great amount of pride that I watched Lewis Jetta have his best game yet. No Gary 'Fanta-Pants' Rohan this week but he's just as good, and considering they're both rookies, they're only going to get better with time. Unfortunate that Trent Dennis-Lane was kept so quiet by terrific defence but he's definitely another one to keep your eye on.

Going to have myself another beer now, whilst I hum the tune to 'Cheer, Cheer the Red & the White' once more for this year.
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Saturday Sep 11, 2010 10:36 pm

commiserations (spell check)
I only saw the second half, top game. I will be hoping the winner from the bulldogs/saints game wins. Can't stand colliwobbles or those whining cats.

bullfrog wrote:Now it's my turn to say "well there's always next year."

I share your pain.
Cheers
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Sep 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Mate, I'm picking a Saints/Pies grand final, now. Don't think the Dogs quite have it in them to topple the Saints and I'm sure as hell hoping that the Saints can come in over Collingwood.

Ever overheard a Collingwood supporter try to order a beer, or even try to hold a normal conversation in a social setting? It's almost like a step-back in time to when Neanderthals would engage in aggressive mono-syllabic interchanges about which one of them got the good bit of mammoth for his dinner. A pre-Cro Magnon intellect seems to be a prerequesite to purchase any Collingwood attire and they seem to wear their anti-intellectualism as some kind of badge of honour more proudly than they wear their black & white stripes. Go to anywhere that Magpies supporters congregate in great numbers and you are bound to see more unkempt facial hair than the days of the Last Supper. I'm sure that even Judas Iscariot would look down his nose at the bulk of the Collingwood fanbase, not only due to their appearance but also based on their lack of scruples and social graces.

Here endeth the rant.

:D
bullfrog

Postby rotten » Saturday Sep 18, 2010 1:05 am

Go Pies.
What a flogging, I knew Cats were gettin too OLD.
I vote Gazza to captain Gold Coast to first finals appearance next year, with Cambell Brown vice captain, either suspended trying to set an example, or out injured, like he's always been.
Jaded opinion? Maybe. True Opinion? Definately.
Cheers
rotten

Postby Bum » Saturday Sep 18, 2010 1:11 am

Horrible news.
Bum

Postby rotten » Saturday Sep 18, 2010 1:27 am

If I understand you bum (which iss highly unlikely) you would have liked to see Pies lose. So would have I, except in this case. Saints or Bulldogs for flag, don't care who, as long as it's not Colliwobbles. They have only won 3 out of last 20 grand finals for a reason.........
THEY TRUELY SUCK!! :lol:
Cheers
rotten

Postby Bum » Saturday Sep 18, 2010 1:31 am

Neither the Saints nor the Doggies will have any hope against the Pies. Even the Cats would have demolished them and look at what happened tonight.
Bum

Postby rotten » Saturday Sep 18, 2010 1:34 am

The Cats or Pies are NOT invinsible. 2008, 2002, 2003 should prove that. I hope however that either saints or bulldogs are up to the challenge, doubt it though as you do!!
Cheers

edit - if someone corrects me on collingwood vs lions GF loss years that's fine with me.
rotten

Postby SuperBroo » Saturday Sep 18, 2010 12:29 pm

I hope saints get thru and win,

but Collingwood were very precise last night, and outclassed a very good side...
SuperBroo

Postby lethaldog » Saturday Sep 18, 2010 3:56 pm

The missus baracks for the saints so i hope they win but as much as i hate to say it i think the Pies have the goods!!!
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby chadjaja » Sunday Sep 19, 2010 8:27 am

Time for some big multi bets on the brownlow. Best bets imo are who to poll the most votes for each team and take the dead certs in big multis!

If a few or one of them comes off Ross will be seeing most of my winning :lol: :lol: :lol:
chadjaja

Postby chadjaja » Tuesday Sep 21, 2010 8:39 am

chadjaja wrote:Time for some big multi bets on the brownlow. Best bets imo are who to poll the most votes for each team and take the dead certs in big multis!

If a few or one of them comes off Ross will be seeing most of my winning :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoooo hooo, a decent enough win and came out well ahead. looks like the yeast bank will increase :D
chadjaja

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Sep 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Surprised that nobody else has said it yet, but FARK!

Have to do it all over next week. What a bastard of a result. In honesty, I think I'd have felt better if Collingwood had won, than to get a grand final draw.
bullfrog

Postby gregb » Saturday Sep 25, 2010 6:45 pm

bullfrog wrote:... felt better if Collingwood had won...

NO!
gregb

Postby bullfrog » Saturday Sep 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Good point, Greg. Think I got carried away in my frustration.
bullfrog

Postby bullfrog » Sunday Apr 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Yes, I know it's round two now, but I have to revive this thread (was in the car coming back from my cousin's wedding in Wagga last weekend -- the wife was driving whilst I worked my way through the sixer of LCPA she had brought along and flicked through the stations every time the reception went bad so I could hear the whole game on the radio) but what a game!

Ben McGlynn; why didn't we buy him from the Hawks years ago? Bloody terrific little bloke. Lewis Jetta couldn't do a thing right all game, and Gary Rohan was just as bad until the back-half of the fourth -- looks like two of my 'keep your eye on' calls from the end of last season are taking their time to warm up this year. Sam Reid is one hell of a defensive player, though. Just a pity that he doesn't know what to do with the ball once he's snatched it from the opposition forwards.

Anyways, Cheer Cheer the Red and the White, Honour the Name by Day and by Night, Lift That Noble Banner High, Shake Down the Thunder From the Sky...etc, etc
bullfrog

Postby Tourist » Monday Apr 04, 2011 7:59 am

Richmond robbed of a win v Saints. Pretty annoyed, considering we rolled-over against Carlton last week. Good signs for the Tiges!

Tough days ahead for the Saints, I reckon.
Back off man, I'm a tourist.
Tourist

Postby rotten » Monday Apr 04, 2011 11:46 pm

CARN THE MIGHTY HAWKS
rotten

Postby Fifey » Tuesday Apr 05, 2011 10:47 am

Only reason I care is the footy tipping comp at the pub, which is a good reason to care, but not enough to give me a real interest. Doing worse than last year, was on top of the ladder for the first six rounds before only slightly dropping off the leaders sheet. Got a 6 first round, would have only got a four or five at best this round.
Fifey

Postby SuperBroo » Tuesday Apr 05, 2011 12:19 pm

This weekend Pavlich plays most games ever for Freo :)

Richmond good to watch this year too, gotta like Damien Hardwicks style...

Will be lots of noise about Malthouse / Buckley towards the end of the year, especially if the Pies are going well.
SuperBroo

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion