Home Brewing in Ballarat

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Home Brewing in Ballarat

Postby Nakaleen » Sunday Jan 22, 2006 6:43 pm

Hi, it is always the way. I have lived in Nerang (gold Coast) for 3 years, which has its own Home Brewing Shop. Finally desided to get into it and had a look around inside.

The only downside is that I am planning to move down to Ballarat in March. I am desiding on two things. Should I buy the Starters kit now and at lease get one batch done before moving down. Or should I wait untill I move down there then get into it.

Which brings me to my question. If I do wait to move down, are there any places NEAR ballarat where I can buy the equipment/supplies etc... as I won't have a car etc when I move down (I own a moped/scooter) so no trip to melb.
Nakaleen

Postby yardglass » Sunday Jan 22, 2006 7:00 pm

i would wait mate.

it's extra crap to move, and take it from me, the less crap the better.

unless of course you are having removalists do the whole lot for you, then yeah, bottle into PET and let them do their thing.

yard
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Postby Nakaleen » Monday Jan 23, 2006 7:54 am

Hmm maybe I should wait to start brewing.

But if I can't buy the kit/equipment localy in Ballarat, I may as well buy the stuff here before I leave (it is only 2 blocks away hehehe) but just keep it in the box. I just can't find any info if there are ways to buy equipment in Ballarat.

Edit: Heheh after searching for two weeks on the net. and 5 min after posting this I found one hehhehe

http://www.morgansbrewing.com.au/retailersDetail.asp?retailerID=221
Nakaleen

Postby goatsby » Tuesday Jan 24, 2006 12:47 pm

well the Ballarat Home Brew Centre is my local HB shop even though its 200kms away.

The range is pretty good and good service.

It is on a side road 1-314 Ripon Street Ballarat

They were very helpfull in a emergency when the supermarkets in Horsham didnt stock bottlecaps they sent them up free and we just payed next time when we were in ballarat. They have cards with your name and after 3 purchases of kits you get a free 1kg of dextrose.

Hope you enjoy the shift Ballarat used to have about 60 pubs been a old mining centre. However a lot have been done up into eateries etc these days but im sure you would find a good one. I like the little pubs in all those wino and derro towns around Ballarat

eg Snake Valley
Creswick

But my fave is the Avoca pub!!
goatsby

Postby yardglass » Tuesday Jan 24, 2006 7:07 pm

goatsby wrote: I like the little pubs in all those wino and derro towns

and me,

nothing like a nice pint of Metho and OJ at the end of a hard day under the bridge.
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Postby Rysa » Monday Jan 29, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi there, i live in Ballart and the range is pretty good. I've only just started brewing so it's all new to me but have bought a few things from the home brew shop and know the owners through family and they are extremely helpful. Big W also has a few things at a cheaper price. Eg. PET bottles for $10.28 last week.
Rysa

Postby sam » Tuesday Jan 30, 2007 1:05 pm

woah thats crazy, i live in nerang to!!!
sam

Return to Buy, swap and sell