Adelaide stores

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

??????

Postby Drunkin Bunyip » Saturday Jun 23, 2007 5:36 pm

wat is the cheapest place to get the right ingreedients in adelaide i always go to brewcraft but it pisses me of that i cant get any of the compeeting home brew selecton from them ie coopers cascade or watever els is out there. they always sucker me in with those little sticker cards to eventually save $10 is this actually the cheapest option ?
BICKIDY BAM!
Drunkin Bunyip

Postby Sulli » Sunday Aug 12, 2007 11:10 pm

I go to a store in Holden Hill on North East Road, Its jut up the road a bit from the Mcdonalds. They have a great selection of Stuff.

Sulli
Sulli

Postby NTRabbit » Sunday Aug 12, 2007 11:42 pm

The Jovial Monk - http://www.jovialmonk.com.au at Parkside

Never been there myself, but most reports are good. Sells the better Coopers tins too.

Grumpy's Brewhaus - http://www.grumpys.com.au at Verdun

Great place, been there twice, use their OneShot and have made 3 of the Masterbrews.

Brewmaker Home Brewing, Shop 5/ 560 North East Road, Holden Hill

Fairly certain everything else is a Brewcraft, or another store (Hardware, Cooking/Baking/General) that also stocks some brew stuff, ie the one in Gawler. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Personally, I buy basic Coopers/Cascade/Brewiser tins from Supermarkets on special, grain, steriliser, liquid yeasts and some fancy kits from Grumpy's, specialty hops and good dry yeasts from Craftbrewer in QLD, and everything else from the Brewcraft at Reynella, or less often the Brewcraft at Melrose Park.

I find that
- the supermarkets are always cheapest for basic Coopers tins, as much as $2 cheaper than BigW and K Mart at times
- Jovial Monk is the only one in SA, aside from Coopers itself, who sells the Thomas Coopers and Brewmaster Selection tins
- Grumpy's is cheapest for grain
- Craftbrewer is always cheapest for hops, even including postage
- Brewcraft stocks most of the basic items that Supermarkets never will, is very convenient, and is great for stocking up on "boosters", Black Rock tins and other basics a few times a year when I get a specials catalogue in the mail. One of the guys at Reynella is a great guy too, always helping with recipes, beers to try, a few stories as well.
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Aug 13, 2007 12:52 pm

I order from Grumpys website and they have always given great service if that is any help.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby drsmurto » Monday Aug 13, 2007 2:51 pm

I used to shop at the Holden Hill HBS but moved away from that area. Bill will give you good advice.

The Jovial Monk is around the corner from work so easy for me to drop in during lunch. Again, plenty of good stuff there.

And Grumpys - how many HBS can you go to and have a pint with them? Great advice, prices are very good and its on my way home from work.
drsmurto

Postby dags64 » Wednesday Aug 15, 2007 10:25 pm

there is a reason that the brewcraft stores dont sell Coopers stuff, I was told that the brewcraft chain is partly owned by Hahn :roll:
the Holden Hill store sells the Thomas Coopers stuff

for me, Grumpys is the closest and most convenient, so I generally do a few masterbrews
dont go to brewcraft much, too much out of the way and dont sell my other faves in Morgans and Coopers, go to Jovial Monk or Holden Hill to pick up these items
Corripe Cervisiam
dags64

Postby Timmsy » Thursday Aug 16, 2007 7:43 am

I got told that lion nathan had shares in it and after they tried getting shares in coopers an lost they didnt want to do with anything with them hence not selling there products.
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Aug 16, 2007 2:47 pm

dags64 wrote:there is a reason that the brewcraft stores dont sell Coopers stuff, I was told that the brewcraft chain is partly owned by Hahn :roll:
the Holden Hill store sells the Thomas Coopers stuff

for me, Grumpys is the closest and most convenient, so I generally do a few masterbrews
dont go to brewcraft much, too much out of the way and dont sell my other faves in Morgans and Coopers, go to Jovial Monk or Holden Hill to pick up these items

Dags, if grumpys is your local HBS why dont you join in on the stammtisches.
drsmurto

Return to Buy, swap and sell