Find cheap grog

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Find cheap grog

Postby Timmsy » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 9:29 am

Select what type of grog you want like beer, what brand and what area and it will search for the cheapest price for you

A must have link!

http://www.boozle.com.au/
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 10:31 am

Nice work Timmsy.

Only trouble is everytime i find a good price on booze i ring up Dan Murphys and they have already seen the ads and made theirs cheaper. So i assume altho boozle tells me woolies is cheaper for JSGA (47.18/carton) that Dans will beat it.

Thought i would check that up so called Dans up to check their price. According to boozle its 49.99 but Dans tells me they are selling them for 42.99.

Guess what i am doing on my way home tonight? I need a slab for my houseboat holiday!
drsmurto

Postby Noodles » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 11:52 am

Doesn't search for long necks, boo!!!
"Doc, what can I do about these terrible hangovers?"
'You can stop drinking beer'
"No, seriously Doc, what can I do?"
Noodles

Postby Pale_Ale » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Noodles wrote:Doesn't search for long necks, boo!!!

LOL :lol:

Also, if you're in Adelaide - At the drive thru bottlo on South Road just north of Mitsubishi, they are selling 24pk Coopers Sparkling with bonus Longneck for $36.95. Bargain!
Coopers.
Pale_Ale

Postby Boonie » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 12:39 pm

Like it.

Cheap Coopers Pale and Sparkling nearby.....
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Pale_Ale wrote:
Noodles wrote:Doesn't search for long necks, boo!!!

LOL :lol:

Also, if you're in Adelaide - At the drive thru bottlo on South Road just north of Mitsubishi, they are selling 24pk Coopers Sparkling with bonus Longneck for $36.95. Bargain!

Damn! Thats only a few more $ than CPA.

Will be sticking to the carton of JSGA for 42.99 cos i want some crown sealed stubbies for bottling meads, cysers etc
drsmurto

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 2:10 pm

drsmurto wrote:
Only trouble is everytime i find a good price on booze i ring up Dan Murphys and they have already seen the ads and made theirs cheaper. So i assume altho boozle tells me woolies is cheaper for JSGA (47.18/carton) that Dans will beat it.

With all due respect, Dans is owned by Woolworths. My son works for Woolworths in their Head Office. He gets a staff discount on all groceries etc, but hey, you guessed it, no staff discounts for any Dans items. Bummer.
warra48

Postby Heals » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 3:48 pm

God damnit these prices are making me cry!

I don't think I've EVER seen Coopers Pale Ale in South East Queensland for less than $40 a carton. The bottle shop near me wants $57 for a case! :lol:
Explore your HOPTIONS!
240+ varieties of hops, expert descriptions, substitutes, beer styles and more. hopslist.com is the largest source of hops info on the web.
Heals

Postby Pale_Ale » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Heals wrote:God damnit these prices are making me cry!

I don't think I've EVER seen Coopers Pale Ale in South East Queensland for less than $40 a carton. The bottle shop near me wants $57 for a case! :lol:

For Pale Ale?!!

I love the CPA, but $57 could

a) buy many other cartons (The > $50 mark brings a whole load of options - Guinness, James Squire, Little Creatures)
b) 2 cartons of Hammer N Tongs + a big mac meal

:lol:
Coopers.
Pale_Ale

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 4:26 pm

Pale_Ale wrote:

For Pale Ale?!!

I love the CPA, but $57 could

a) buy many other cartons (The > $50 mark brings a whole load of options - Guinness, James Squire, Little Creatures)
b) 2 cartons of Hammer N Tongs + a big mac meal

:lol:

I pay $48.99 at the locals here in Bundy for CPA. Which is why I now get Hummers in Thongs ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 4:50 pm

warra48 wrote:
drsmurto wrote:

With all due respect, Dans is owned by Woolworths. My son works for Woolworths in their Head Office. He gets a staff discount on all groceries etc, but hey, you guessed it, no staff discounts for any Dans items. Bummer.

Who owns the store isnt all that relevant - what is is this. Dan Murphys say they will beat any advertised price so when i see a good price for beer/wine etc i want to buy i give them a call and they have already beaten the competitors price, regardless of whether or not they are owned by the same mob.

If your son works for Woolies can he use his discount at Woolies liquor? Now that would be a useful staff discount!
drsmurto

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 6:16 pm

I have a mate in SA who works at Woolies Liquor and even he doesn't get a discount there! Maybe there is legislation prohibiting it?
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Aug 21, 2007 8:15 pm

drsmurto wrote:
Dan Murphys say they will beat any advertised price so when i see a good price for beer/wine etc i want to buy i give them a call and they have already beaten the competitors price, regardless of whether or not they are owned by the same mob.

If your son works for Woolies can he use his discount at Woolies liquor? Now that would be a useful staff discount!

You are right about the claim by Dans. They have to honour it even if their competitor is Woolworths, or owned by them, otherwise they'd be in breach of Trade Practices Legislation, for misleading conduct in trade or commerce, or for false advertising.

No staff discount on booze in any of the Woollies grog outlets.
warra48

Postby Timmsy » Wednesday Aug 22, 2007 7:38 am

$57 a box of Pale? Bugger that i wouldnt buy it. Lucky i live in good old SA where personally i wouldnt pay more then $35 a box if i did i would rather buy its big brother sparkling. Sparkling i wouldnt pay more then $40
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby Heals » Thursday Aug 23, 2007 9:07 pm

Oh for sure timmy, needless to say, I don't buy cartons of CPA or Sparkling at my local bottle shop... :P

A bit further into town I can sometimes grab CPA for $40, but on average round the Gold Coast you tend to pay between $44 - $48 for it and between $46 - $52 for its stronger brother.
Explore your HOPTIONS!
240+ varieties of hops, expert descriptions, substitutes, beer styles and more. hopslist.com is the largest source of hops info on the web.
Heals

Return to Buy, swap and sell