Brewcraft in Heidelberg

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Brewcraft in Heidelberg

Postby wambesi » Thursday Aug 23, 2007 6:28 pm

Thought I'd give a quick mention about the above mentioned store.
I stopped going a while ago as the normal bloke just never seemed to give a hoot but stopped back on Wednesday when I was in the area and Walter was working.

I haven't had much to do with him but he was very friendly and helpfull (even looked after two of the kids when the other had to run to the toilet!)

Anyway to cut a long story short when I got home and found the bottle of brewclean had leaked over everything, rang him up and even though everything else was foil sealed etc he offered to replace it all, when I went in he also gave me a free brew blend bag (I mix my own now but not complaining) and a discount on a book.

Top efforts on his part, if back in the area on Wednesdays I think I may start visiting again...
wambesi

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Aug 23, 2007 6:32 pm

Sorry to be daft but "brew blend bag"? Is this like a brew enhancer?
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby mobydick » Thursday Aug 23, 2007 7:04 pm

I've been there a couple of times. One time was this really nice old bloke that told me he works part time at the 3 Melbourne stores. He was really nice and helpful, and gave me one of his home brews to take with me. The other two times I've been there the staff weren't as helpful.
mobydick

Postby wambesi » Thursday Aug 23, 2007 7:16 pm

Kevnlis wrote:Sorry to be daft but "brew blend bag"? Is this like a brew enhancer?

Yeah same thing, this was Brew Blend 15, basically like a coopers BE#.

Yep it was the "part time old bloke" :) He gave me one of his bloody nice ginger beers earlier on in the year.
Like I said the other bloke just didn't give a s*$&.
wambesi

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Aug 23, 2007 7:26 pm

He is just being nice cuz he is plastered on HB that he makes with his employee discount ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Fents » Monday Aug 27, 2007 10:42 am

If you think that stores good, go and try greensborough home brewing about 10 mins down the road. you will not regret it.
Fents

Postby wambesi » Monday Aug 27, 2007 2:03 pm

Yeah that is now my "local" but I was at the shopping centre with the kids in Heidelberg so thought I would pop in to see if it had changed and see what was in stock, picked up a few things while I was there.

Found the Greensborough one by accident and must say its bloody good, friendly service and great advice too. (and a slight detour on the way home from work) :D
wambesi

Return to Buy, swap and sell