6-Row Barley - Where To Buy?

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

6-Row Barley - Where To Buy?

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Sep 03, 2007 10:22 am

Anyone know where to get this in AU? I am doing a high adjunct brew. I would rather not pay to have it sent over from the US, I could use promalt I guess but I would rather do it the proper way.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Trough Lolly » Friday Oct 26, 2007 4:03 pm

As far as I know, 6-row barley is not grown in Australia and if you need to acquire 6-row malted barley, you'd probably need to place an order with a grain supplier in the US.

If you need a decent malt to convert relatively high levels of adjuncts, I'd recommend you get some Galaxy malt - it'll convert dust!!

Cheers,
TL
Image Image
Trough Lolly

Postby Kevnlis » Friday Oct 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Trough Lolly wrote:As far as I know, 6-row barley is not grown in Australia and if you need to acquire 6-row malted barley, you'd probably need to place an order with a grain supplier in the US.

If you need a decent malt to convert relatively high levels of adjuncts, I'd recommend you get some Galaxy malt - it'll convert dust!!

Cheers,
TL

Thanks TL. I have been using Galaxy for all of those brews. Just thought it would be nice to use 6-row to be a bit more authentic ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis