Brewcraft on NE Road in Adelaide?

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Brewcraft on NE Road in Adelaide?

Postby drsmurto » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 10:44 am

Since moving to the hills i have driven past this shop on a number of times and wanted to know if anyone know anything about it. Not that i need a HBS but it might be good for people to give this a review. I have no hesitation stopping in at Brewmaker and talking with Bill and Luke or Grumpys or more recently Beerbelly but i know nothing about this place. I tend to avoid Brewcraft shops like the plague but i dont want bag a place i have no experience with.

Anyone been there? Is it your regular Brewcraft aimed at selling kits plus there unlabelled mystery packs AKA Brew Enhancers? What about grains, yeast, hops?

Cheers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

Re: Brewcraft on NE Road in Adelaide?

Postby Timmsy » Wednesday Jan 30, 2008 11:00 am

Yeah mate its the brewcraft that use to be on Hamstead road. They had move there before xmas. Same owners and stuff just new shop. Been there 1nce. Dont really shop at brewcraft unless they have some specials.

I usually go to Bake and Brew on Porspect Road as its on the way home from work or Jovial Monk or Grumpys on the weekends when i go out for drives with the missus to keep her happy at the chocolate facory :) or if i really need something Brewcraft at Sailsbury
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby dags64 » Sunday Feb 10, 2008 9:30 pm

I am the same, I dont go to the brewcrafts much at all
stop in at Brewmaker when I get the chance and Jovial Monk as they both stock Morgans and Coopers (unlike brewcraft :evil: )
other shop of choice is grumpys as I am only a couple of minutes away :D
Corripe Cervisiam
dags64

Postby drsmurto » Monday Feb 11, 2008 11:03 am

Dags - do you stop in for beers very regularly at Grumpys? I drive past every day to and from work and find it very hard not to stop in and have a pint. Or talk to Brad or Voosher about beer. Or both. Been to a Stammtisch yet?
drsmurto

Postby dags64 » Monday Feb 11, 2008 9:11 pm

drsmurto wrote:Dags - do you stop in for beers very regularly at Grumpys? I drive past every day to and from work and find it very hard not to stop in and have a pint. Or talk to Brad or Voosher about beer. Or both. Been to a Stammtisch yet?

I am only a couple of minutes away but I dont get in there very often, when I do I normally pick up 2-3 brews
I actually drive thru Loby every day, have you been to the Loby Bierhaus yet, they make a few nice drops
and they sell their beer in these fantastic 2 litre bottles with swingtop lids, perfect for homebrew, they are expensive though but I couldnt resist getting one 8)
Corripe Cervisiam
dags64

Postby Timmsy » Tuesday Feb 12, 2008 6:42 am

drsmurto wrote:Been to a Stammtisch yet?

Im intrigued where is this??

dags64 wrote:
drsmurto wrote:Dags - do you stop in for beers very regularly at Grumpys? I drive past every day to and from work and find it very hard not to stop in and have a pint. Or talk to Brad or Voosher about beer. Or both. Been to a Stammtisch yet?

I am only a couple of minutes away but I dont get in there very often, when I do I normally pick up 2-3 brews
I actually drive thru Loby every day, have you been to the Loby Bierhaus yet, they make a few nice drops
and they sell their beer in these fantastic 2 litre bottles with swingtop lids, perfect for homebrew, they are expensive though but I couldnt resist getting one 8)

Yeah the Beirhaus isnt bad at all. There IPA and American Ale is pretty nice. I brought the 2ltr bottle of IPA and went home and drank it to quick! Gota take it back for a swap for a different beer.
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday Feb 12, 2008 11:30 am

Been to loby a few times, i live in Mt Torrens so that a few clicks up the road. Have enjoyed all there beers so far.

Grumpys i stop in about twice a week including my normal Friday stop which is damn near mandatory. 2 pints and then home to hit my bar. GOD - grumpys original draught is tasting bloody nice, a german esque pils/lager.

The word Stammtisch is German. It is not easily translated into English but it means something like "regular's table" or "regular get-together"

Its a gathering of brewers at Grumpys on the first Friday of the month. Basically we sit around, sample each others beers and provide feedback while tucking into some of the best pizzas money can buy washed down with some of grumpys tasty beers. I've been to a few and have also come away with some fantastic feedback on my beers. Partners are more than welcome. Checkout the grumpys forum for details, they dont occur every month but we are due one in March.

Cheers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

Postby ryan » Tuesday Feb 12, 2008 3:52 pm

doc, is Andrew still at Grumpys? I was under the impression he was leaving about Xmas time.
ryan

Postby drsmurto » Wednesday Feb 13, 2008 10:00 am

Andy is still there and doing well. Not sure about him leaving as at one point there was talk of it being for sale but nothing seems to have changed in that time. As is Kev (the pigeon) and the goat whose name i forget.
drsmurto

Postby ryan » Wednesday Feb 13, 2008 10:13 am

Yiros :D
ryan

Postby dags64 » Thursday Feb 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Timmsy wrote:
drsmurto wrote:Been to a Stammtisch yet?

Im intrigued where is this??

dags64 wrote:

Yeah the Beirhaus isnt bad at all. There IPA and American Ale is pretty nice. I brought the 2ltr bottle of IPA and went home and drank it to quick! Gota take it back for a swap for a different beer.

I have a 2ltr bottle of the IPA sitting in my fridge right now, I dont think it will be there for long :wink:
I think their IPA is the best of their drops, very nice
Corripe Cervisiam
dags64

Return to Buy, swap and sell