Book Swap

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

Book Swap

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Apr 02, 2008 5:03 pm

I have had this idea for a while now, and thought I would put it to you all...

I am sure there are others here who enjoy reading home brewing books, but do not really want to buy them all outright. What if we did a swap where we could list the books we own, and then send them to each other for reading, they can then be forwarded on to wherever. The owner would always organise where the book goes next so that it makes it easier to keep track of them.

What if you don't have any books? Simple! Check out Grain & Grape or have a look here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wish ... XWCG6RN04V

This is an Amazon list of Brewing books I made. These books start at about $20 including post to Australia so it is no great investment.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Re: Book Swap

Postby lethaldog » Wednesday Apr 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Will they have lots of pictures cos i cant read :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a good idea though kev but you may find some who will not trust total strangers enough to let them go :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Chris » Wednesday Apr 02, 2008 7:27 pm

I spend too much time going back to various charts etc to let mine go too long. I'd get paranoid if I couldn't check at will.
A beer in the hand is worth two in George Bush...

"They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza"
Psychostick
Chris

Postby ilovechocolate2002 » Tuesday Apr 15, 2008 7:45 am

I like that idea! you never know which obscure books some people have and bugger paying $40 or so for one...that is half a bag of malt!
are cornflakes flaked corn?
ilovechocolate2002

Postby James L » Tuesday Apr 15, 2008 10:38 am

I like the idea, but at the same time, i dont want to give my books away for long periods of time. Alot of the time they are used for reference, and so i never really know when i need them.

I have about 10 books, all of which i got from Amazon.com.. maybe one thing we could do instead is suggest books that people would be interested in buying depending on their skill or level of experience.
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby Chris » Tuesday Apr 15, 2008 2:20 pm

A ranking system of sorts you mean?

First rank various titles with an overall score, and then divide into categories? Might work.
A beer in the hand is worth two in George Bush...

"They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza"
Psychostick
Chris

Postby James L » Tuesday Apr 15, 2008 2:42 pm

yeh...

i have 10 books, but it doesnt mean that i use each one the same ammount of time. Other books were useful to me when i first started brewing, but now are relatively obsolete. And some might be more appealing to some people compared to others ie. brewing microbiology, and principles of brewing science. So maybe we could rank books or make a list of books to buy, and maybe give a comment on who you think would suit it the best. maybe good and bad things about the book.. etc etc...
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Return to Buy, swap and sell