Lost Posts

Having trouble with an aspect of the forum? Have a suggestion for an improvement?

Lost Posts

Postby hirns » Friday Sep 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Is anyone else experiencing lost posts. In the last week I've hit the submit button and my post has vanished into cyber air. Normally, I'd hit the wrong button or blame myself for having too many ales, but in these two cases: zero BAC level :? :?

Cheers
Hirns
hirns

Re: Lost Posts

Postby Bum » Friday Sep 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Is it possible these posts might have just been cleaned up in some speedie related OTness? Even if you weren't having a dig yourself sometimes later posts need to go so the thread still makes sense.
Bum

Postby hirns » Friday Sep 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Bum wrote:Is it possible these posts might have just been cleaned up in some speedie related OTness? Even if you weren't having a dig yourself sometimes later posts need to go so the thread still makes sense.

Bum

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I definitely don't think it is "The Fast One" related. However, it was a response to thus that innitially disappeared "The other post was a very dull response to "what are you drinking now" and vanished faster than a moderator could delete. The problem may have something to do with my personal firewall set up etc, but I wanted to check with others first. I've only experienced this problem in the last two weeks.

Cheers :D

Hirns
hirns

Postby Bum » Friday Sep 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Sorry, only issue I'm having is the continued slowness of posts uploading. They all go through.
Bum

Postby warra48 » Saturday Sep 11, 2010 8:23 am

I'd say it is time related.
I know posts are very slow to upload. If you back out of the page where you submit your new post, and before it has a chance to appear in the thread, I think you do lose it.
The answer is patience.
The owners of the forum were to look into why posting has been so slow lately, but I've not seen any resolution.
warra48

Postby speedie » Thursday Sep 23, 2010 11:27 pm

bum calls it speedie facter
speedie

Postby rotten » Friday Sep 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Sounds aoout right to me speedie, hasn't happened in all of the years of HB&B to my limited knowledge. It seems to be worse than trollers, spammers, trojans etc.
Is it Speedie?
Only Spededie could manswer that.
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby hirns » Friday Oct 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Okay, I believe that I made a post but it is not there. I serriously believe that I was probably moderated(fast one related). What I simply wan't to know is will I recieve an email or notifiaction if one of my posts is moderated(even if in the right) so that I'm clear on what has occurred? I'm happy to be moderated, but I'm simply not sure if my post was deleted through moderation or if it was simply lost due to the poor lag in upload times. I will repost it if it was a tech problem, but at the same time I'm not befriending the mods if I repost a deleted post!

Clarification please

Cheer :D s

Hirns
hirns

Postby Chris » Friday Oct 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Moderators won't generally send a message. I've been moderated a few times- chris.-related, and I never heard about it.

They have, in my experience, usually left the post there, but removed the offending text. So it shouldn't just vanish.
A beer in the hand is worth two in George Bush...

"They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza"
Psychostick
Chris

Postby Bum » Friday Oct 22, 2010 11:29 pm

A great many posts have (deservedly) disappeared completely of late, Chris.
Bum

Postby hirns » Saturday Oct 23, 2010 4:52 am

Yhanks for the replies. I'll assumed I've been moderated, most likely so the thread would make sense after a response to my post was removed :( .

Cheers

Hirns
hirns

Postby Tipsy » Saturday Oct 23, 2010 8:41 am

Chris wrote:They have, in my experience, usually left the post there, but removed the offending text. So it shouldn't just vanish.

This is how it should be done imho.
Tipsy

Postby Bum » Saturday Oct 23, 2010 10:53 am

In general, sure, and this is what Greg seems to do when possible but there seems to be a lot of OT posts (can't imagine why...) where deleting the offending material would leave a blank post lately. In terms of deletions/edits I don't think it would be fair to criticise too much - he's being pretty reasonable and also even-handed to both sides of this current personality clash.
Bum

Postby Tipsy » Saturday Oct 23, 2010 1:30 pm

I hope it didn't look like I was criticising Greg. He's doing a fantastic job!
Tipsy

Postby rotten » Saturday Oct 23, 2010 9:39 pm

He won't take it the wrong way, I have had the privelidge of being moderated (deleted) and he seems pretty cool about it. Some others of mine have been borderline and he let them go so I can't complain. All due to the fast one mind you.
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby drsmurto » Sunday Oct 24, 2010 8:22 am

Greg allows me to post pre-coffee so IMO his moderating is very generous :lol:
drsmurto

Postby lethaldog » Sunday Oct 24, 2010 8:45 am

drsmurto wrote:Greg allows me to post pre-coffee so IMO his moderating is very generous :lol:

LMAO!!! agreed ive had some pretty ordinary occasions on here too if you can believe that :lol: Most have survived without being moderated!!!
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby bullfrog » Sunday Oct 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Yeah, a number of my aggressively angry posts didn't get blammed either. I have only really noticed my stuff disappear when they've been directly in response to other crap that is being subjected to the delete button. Think Greg's doing a great job. Very fair and level-headed. I would have been quite a bit more heavy-handed and irrational if I were in his position, I think!
bullfrog

Postby speedie » Sunday Oct 24, 2010 9:17 pm

me also!
speedie

Postby bullfrog » Monday Oct 25, 2010 4:25 pm

speedie wrote:me also!

Even despite your clear lack of understanding on how one should behave on a forum. It is related to a different board entirely, but please watch this as the points it raises are still relevant:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
bullfrog

Next

Return to Forum support and suggestions