The Canadian Touch

Having trouble with an aspect of the forum? Have a suggestion for an improvement?

Should there be an International Flavour at this Site?

Poll ended at Monday Aug 01, 2005 5:19 am

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 16

Postby Oliver » Saturday Jul 23, 2005 6:16 pm

DD and others,

I haven't logged on for more than a week, as I was in Sydney last weekend and then flat out with work. So don't feel like you've been ignored ... I've been thinking of you guys :lol:

I guess I could always set up "Dogger's Canadian Corner" or some such thing.

I'll run it past Geoff.

Might be good if we could incorporate other non-Aussie stuff into it, too, not just Canadian-specific things.

What do you reckon.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby gregb » Saturday Jul 23, 2005 6:43 pm

gregb

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Jul 23, 2005 9:15 pm

Oliver,

Never feel ignored, have a wife, three kids and a dog.

They don't listen either, unless it involves me opening my wallet

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Leafs

Postby vinniethefish » Saturday Jul 23, 2005 11:23 pm

Yeah, I am always rooting for the Leafs as well although I enjoy watching the Canucks and Oilers too . (I hope I don't offend anyone, but my family made sure I was an "ABC" fan. I am sure that you know what that is, but, for the Aussies, it means "Anyone But The Canadians".) Now my father-in-law is a Montreal fan, so that makes for interesting Saturday nights when we visit.
vinniethefish

Postby Dogger Dan » Monday Jul 25, 2005 12:26 am

Just to clear that up a bit, The Canadians are a team out of Montreal also known as the Habs. Back in the dark days with the original 6 teams they could draft anyone in Quebec or any one with a French name. Funny how French "Jones" can sound when said with a French accent.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby triumph » Monday Jul 25, 2005 9:30 am

Hey there Dogger
Having just returned from across the pond for my honeymoon, I would be very happy to see some canadian updates posted. Went all over Ontario, and you guys were talking aboot Hamilton, and it sounds like Sudbury. Drove all over the province and drank many a beer and ate many a Canadian Maple, indeed the RV was packed to the gunwales with empty Tim Hortons wrappers and sleeman and creemore bottles eh!
So bring on the Canadian content, it almost makes me feel homesick!
"I drink to make other people interesting" - George Nathan
triumph

Postby Dogger Dan » Monday Jul 25, 2005 10:54 pm

I must admit I am getting a bit annoyed with you guys driving around here and not dropping in for a couple. 8) :wink:

Always welcome

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby triumph » Monday Jul 25, 2005 11:09 pm

Sorry dogger, we were on a very tight schedule and i have always been unable to have a quick beer! Did drink many Creemores on your recommendation though! Will you ever find your way over here? it would appear that you would be very busy imbibing homebrew if you ever did...
Idrink to make other people interesting" - George Nathan
triumph

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Jul 26, 2005 7:03 am

Yeh,

well when I do get there, and I plan to, you guys are all going to be responsible for me, including getting me off the plane because I figure I will be a bit legless by that time, and I have no intention bringing the missus.

If the vaccant lot was good enough for that young lads Dad, its good enough for me. I am pretty low maintenance, Not like Evos fricking pony. I should send pics. Buggers gone and got a mate. If I could find the glue man I would I swear. My young lad has a tough enough time with "Guy" the dog let alone two ponys. Thank Christ they don't fly

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby grabman » Tuesday Jul 26, 2005 11:18 pm

always welcome in sunny WA Dogger!!!

Just give me warning so I can add to the stockpile :twisted:
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Evo » Wednesday Jul 27, 2005 4:06 pm

Yeah, and us Sydney-siders would feel ripped off if you didn't come here too. We could have a few quieties and talk about my pony and how he's all grown up now.
Evo - Part Man, Part Ale
Evo

Postby Robbo » Wednesday Jul 27, 2005 8:14 pm

gregb

Sadly, throwing a sledge would be more than the wallabies threw at them. Fortunately there's still the cricket.
"Beer - it's not just for breakfast any more."
Robbo

Postby bobbioli » Wednesday Aug 31, 2005 10:17 pm

I do love the great info. here. Seems like a lot of great fellas to me. may orate a little different but its all fun.
P.S. keep the beer cold and you could allways play street hockey :lol:
I like beer oh yes I do. doo daa doo daa. I like beer oh yes I do. oh daa doo daa day
bobbioli

Postby r.magnay » Thursday Sep 01, 2005 6:49 am

Don't forget the red heart Dogger!!
Ross
r.magnay

Previous

Return to Forum support and suggestions