Limitations

Having trouble with an aspect of the forum? Have a suggestion for an improvement?

Limitations

Postby NTRabbit » Thursday Aug 11, 2005 7:14 pm

I would consider shifting the restrictions on this forum so that anyone can read it, but to be able to post they must be registered and logged in - would stop the annoying "Guest"'s who pop in now and then to cause trouble. Would also stop the problem of making a great post, then having to post again to say it was you because you forgot to login / timed out for the first one.

Just my opinion anyway
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby munkey » Friday Aug 12, 2005 2:45 am

i agree but for different reasons, i actually take notice of who says what, and i like to have an image of who is giving me advice, if I'm in a pinch and need some help id rather someone i can relate there answer to, not just guest,
brews cost money and i like credible advice.
8) englend victorious "ashes 2005" 8)
munkey

Postby undercover1 » Friday Aug 12, 2005 10:38 am

I agree that posts should only be able to made by registered members, who should be encouraged to give at least some basic detail like location.

munkey wrote:i like to have an image of who is giving me advice

Munkey, when you have a minute I'd love you to post written descriptions some of the images you have.

Here's one- Dogger Dan- tall, bearded, lumberjack shirt, looks a bit like Kurt Russell in The Thing. Trudges the snowy tundra from backdoor to brewshed in howling blizzards. Hates Americans, but can only get US crap on his TV. Has a suspicious fondness for ponies after a few bottles of his HB, all of which he puts f&*^ing honey in.
Salut!
undercover1

Postby munkey » Friday Aug 12, 2005 6:33 pm

ha ha ha ha , yes that is dogger, lumberjack shirt and everything,i did mean image as in the metaphorical sense but i do have pictures of ppl in my head and i will have a think and try not to offend anyone, (i have a habit of doing that)

PS, i actually spelled metaphorical off my own bad, the spell checker didn't even get a look in.
munkey

Postby munkey » Friday Aug 12, 2005 6:39 pm

PPS, metaphorical (i can actually spell metaphorical by the way)
upon leaving the last message i realized that it is early and that metaphorical probably isn't the correct word, i meant that i didn't mean image in the literal sense. :lol: :lol:
munkey

Postby Guest » Friday Aug 12, 2005 7:20 pm

Some prefer the anonymity of going under the name "Guest".

Postby Tipsy » Friday Aug 12, 2005 10:47 pm

I like it the way it is, if it aint broke.....
Tipsy

Postby NTRabbit » Saturday Aug 13, 2005 12:23 am

Tipsy wrote:I like it the way it is, if it aint broke.....

Problem being, i think it is broke
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby munkey » Saturday Aug 13, 2005 7:55 pm

i sorta agree with you NT, id say theres a time in every child's life when it needs to be more responsible, and its possessions and advice can have consequence to its surroundings and the people involved in it, this site has reached a point i think since i joined ware there is a good user base and a very good source of info, you should struggle to stomp out trolls completely even if guest posting was disabled, but you would increase the credibility of advice given, i suppose that is up to the user in the end, which is why i say maby it isn't broke, but i definitely agree for what ever reasons that guest posting should be disabled, if you have 5 Min's to type up some response then you have 5 Min's to register.

i do believe there was a metaphor in there some ware :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
munkey

Postby Oliver » Wednesday Sep 28, 2005 8:54 pm

I've changed the set-up so that guests can browse forums and search, but only registered users can post messages, vote in polls, etc.

There were just too many problems being caused by trouble-making guest posters.

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby triumph » Wednesday Sep 28, 2005 9:17 pm

Thank you Oliver. I for one was getting sick of these big shots raining their bullshit blitzkriegs on us all and not having the decency to at least register a name. Good work...
I drink to make other people interesting...
triumph

Return to Forum support and suggestions