More Moderators

Having trouble with an aspect of the forum? Have a suggestion for an improvement?

More Moderators

Postby Shaun » Friday Feb 10, 2006 4:19 pm

Oliver now you are back may I suggest more moderators for the forum to keep threads in check during periods when you can't. Hopefully it will help prevent what has been going on over the last couple of weeks from happening again if more people are keeping tabs on what's going on.
Shaun

Re: More Moderators

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Saturday Feb 11, 2006 7:29 am

Shaun wrote:Oliver now you are back may I suggest more moderators for the forum to keep threads in check during periods when you can't. Hopefully it will help prevent what has been going on over the last couple of weeks from happening again if more people are keeping tabs on what's going on.
I have suggested this to Olly Shaun...but I think the email trash bin saw my request...considering Im here all week & I see what goes on...not that I think I am holier than anyone else nor think I am better at the job than Olly but I just thought it would help having someone here when he isnt to watch over his illustrious site....*SIGH*
:twisted: Ćĥĕĕŕś Ň ÃƒÅ¸ĕĕŕś :twisted:
~Ĵ@©ķ~
"Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk" - Homer
http://blackpearlbrewingco.blogspot.com/
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby tyrone » Sunday Feb 12, 2006 11:42 pm

Just noticed jack is now a moderator :shock: I think this is a great step forward for the site and thaks jack sparrow for your time :D
Drinking: wheat
listening to:80's greatest hits
tyrone

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 5:40 am

tyrone wrote:Just noticed jack is now a moderator :shock: I think this is a great step forward for the site and thaks jack sparrow for your time :D
Well thanks Ty, its nice to know some people are supportive...others maybe not so much, but if their comments are un called for then they will get deleted...I've already had to delete one this morning which was irrelevant! :D
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 8:06 am

Hi all,

Just in case you were wondering where some topics & posts have gone, I have deleted them due to a troll having a personal dig at me & the content of my posts. This has been carried over from another forum all over some pathitic little gripe!
This will not occur to any other posts as there have not been any other issues with this sort of thing happening!
This site is for learning about brewing & posting information, not personal issues from other forums!
I am very new to all of this moderating but am not here to play god or be high & mighty...I am only here in an overseeing capacity & any feedback, suggestions or complaints etc will be forwarded to Oliver to deal with.
Your support with this new responsibitly is greatly appreciated.
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby chris. » Monday Feb 13, 2006 10:41 am

Did you also delete your post encouraging people to jump ship to another forum?
Last edited by chris. on Sunday Oct 07, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris.

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 10:53 am

chris. wrote:Did you also delete your post encouraging people to jump ship to another forum?
If you can show me where that post is, I'll gladly stand by it mate! :wink:
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby Hashie » Monday Feb 13, 2006 12:02 pm

I see yo have already 'edited' that post Jack, so now it doesn't appear as an invitation to jump ship.

Enough of the gripes, let's get on with making and drinking beer.
There is no such thing as bad beer. There is only good beer and better beer.
Hashie

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 12:06 pm

Hashie wrote:I see yo have already 'edited' that post Jack, so now it doesn't appear as an invitation to jump ship.

Enough of the gripes, let's get on with making and drinking beer.
I didnt feel it necessary to keep it going mate, that was the only reason I edited it...I guess I was just trying to get people away from all that crap that started, not cause I thought this was a bad site....if I thought that, I wouldnt be here...simple!.
Anyway, for those who I've offended, pissed off, upset etc...I apologise, it was NOT my intention to appear holier than thou or whatever!
Im here to learn just like everyone else.
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby Guest » Monday Feb 13, 2006 12:17 pm

JaCk_SpArRoW wrote:
You're always welcome over there brownie...and anyone else who is prepared to leave all the shit behind....I know this might be classed as poaching but c'mon people, there's more to life than bitching over some stupid little issues!...cheers brownie!! -

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 12:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:JaCk_SpArRoW wrote:
You're always welcome over there brownie...and anyone else who is prepared to leave all the shit behind....I know this might be classed as poaching but c'mon people, there's more to life than bitching over some stupid little issues!...cheers brownie!! -
Cool thanks for that, at least have the guts to put a name to your post!
I know what I wrote, but you seem to know how to use the search button fairly well, congrats....troll!
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby Guest » Monday Feb 13, 2006 12:31 pm

I tried to find your post where you posted the link to the other forum that you moderate on but no matter how i use the search button it's just not possible to find posts that have been edited.

Troll? :lol: it's easy to see you've spent some time on another phorum Adz. You know that one where everyone calls everyone a troll if they don't agree with what they have to say?

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 12:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:I tried to find your post where you posted the link to the other forum that you moderate on but no matter how i use the search button it's just not possible to find posts that have been edited.

Troll? :lol: it's easy to see you've spent some time on another phorum Adz. You know that one where everyone calls everyone a troll if they don't agree with what they have to say?
Yep, I know what you're referring to, been there too huh?
Not sure what ya prob is but I dont care....have a beer!
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 12:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:I tried to find your post where you posted the link to the other forum that you moderate on but no matter how i use the search button it's just not possible to find posts that have been edited.

Are you sure you're not an admirer??....you seem to be wasting a lot of precious drinking time trying to find dirt on me... :lol: :lol: Is there something you're trying to achieve here?....if so, please tell me so I can laugh at you! :roll:
So you use this nic when you dont want people to know who you are huh db?
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Postby SpArRoW_fArT » Monday Feb 13, 2006 2:27 pm

Nice to see those Medicare dollars used in such a constructive way. I had no idea that Medicare senior analysts were paid to moderate forums :shock: nice post rate and the posts....... always so helpful ..... Like: nice one mate and other such wank. Jeez averaging 18 posts a day, you either know it all or f@#k all
SpArRoW_fArT

Postby JaCk_SpArRoW » Monday Feb 13, 2006 2:35 pm

SpArRoW_fArT wrote:Nice to see those Medicare dollars used in such a constructive way. I had no idea that Medicare senior analysts were paid to moderate forums :shock: nice post rate and the posts....... always so helpful ..... Like: nice one mate and other such wank. Jeez averaging 18 posts a day, you either know it all or f@#k all
Sorry, am I meant to care what u think? :?
~Ĵ@©ķ~
JaCk_SpArRoW

Return to Forum support and suggestions