Suggest FAQ sticky...

Having trouble with an aspect of the forum? Have a suggestion for an improvement?

Suggest FAQ sticky...

Postby N.C. » Thursday Dec 14, 2006 1:01 pm

I'm noticing that there's a bit of uneasiness on the forum around people asking questions instead of doing a search.

Was wondering if it would be wise to do a sticky with links to threads where frequently asked questions have previosuly been addressed...

Eg link to existing thread about racking, bulk priming, temp regulation etc.

Just a thought...

Would probably be up to someone with way too much time on their hands to put something together.
N.C.

Postby Pale_Ale » Thursday Dec 14, 2006 1:17 pm

Doing a search is just as quick!
Coopers.
Pale_Ale

Postby morgs » Thursday Dec 14, 2006 1:35 pm

Maybe a faq sticky that just points to the q and a's on homebrewandbeer.com
Purple monkey dishwasher!
morgs

Postby Ash » Thursday Dec 14, 2006 3:13 pm

Pale_Ale wrote:Doing a search is just as quick!

problem is a lot of the less computer literate people don't know how to choose their keywords to get the results they're after.

That said if you create a heap of FAQ stickys to make their life easy they'll just ignore them & ask the questions anyway.
Ash

Postby N.C. » Thursday Dec 14, 2006 10:30 pm

just the one sticky with a list of threads where FAQ's have already been discussed at length, and which can be added to as new questions are asked and new discussions are entered into. it is a grand scheme, i know... the FAQ's on the website are not so good - they seem to have stopped 'cause of the success of this forum.

"just do a search" would no doubt be for the better, but could be easier said than done. a lot of people may not know how to, and a lot of people just might not think of it...

like i said, just a thought. personally, i'm happy to do a search.
N.C.

Postby Tipsy » Friday Dec 15, 2006 8:21 am

Sometimes doing a search is like opening a can of worms and I forget what I was searching for :lol:
Tipsy

Postby Ash » Friday Dec 15, 2006 9:49 am

Tipsy wrote:Sometimes doing a search is like opening a can of worms and I forget what I was searching for :lol:

exactly! I'm glad I'm not the only one! so many unrelated but interesting threads appear
Ash

Return to Forum support and suggestions