Censorship

Having trouble with an aspect of the forum? Have a suggestion for an improvement?

Censorship

Postby Biernut » Sunday Feb 01, 2009 6:36 am

I note that the moderaters on this forum practice censorship by deletion for the mildest critism and rebuke by deleting such posts thus supressing the will to contribute any form of constructive information. I reply to any post depending on its merit as I see fit, without fear or favour, and do so within the bounds of reasonable decency.

Brian Gardner.
Biernut

Re: Censorship

Postby Kevnlis » Sunday Feb 01, 2009 8:03 am

I believe I know the post you are referring to. My guess would be that it was deleted for being a personal attack, but if you really want to know, or have concerns, you should have gone to greg, not here...
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Biernut » Sunday Feb 01, 2009 9:11 am

Kevnlis wrote:I believe I know the post you are referring to. My guess would be that it was deleted for being a personal attack, but if you really want to know, or have concerns, you should have gone to greg, not here...

Quite frankly I think you have missed the point of what a forum is all about. There was no personal attack only a mild rebuke for an inane comment that wasn't helpful to a post made on using a feature on this particular forum. To privately air my veiw outside this forum really defeats the purpose of the forum itself. The other party and myself have been in contact via PM and has been amicably resolved.
Biernut

Postby gregb » Sunday Feb 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Kevnlis wrote:... it was deleted for being a personal attack ...

Spot on Kev, that is what it looked like to me.
gregb

Return to Forum support and suggestions