CraftBrewer New Site - Beta Testers please

Are you a retailer, supplier or brewer with something to promote, give away or flog? Here's the place.

Postby rwh » Wednesday Oct 10, 2007 10:21 am

Looks great, mate. Very well done. What technologies are you using? Still Joomla and VirtueMart, or is that a different shopping plugin?

I notice that the grain listings quote the price per kilo, despite needing to enter the quantity in grams, which some people might find confusing.

"Do you agree to the above terms and conditions?" Next to the checkout button: there are no terms and conditions to agree to.

Cart total weight appears to always be 0? Is this a problem for postage calculation?

The Pay Now button (where it says Press once only), have your web developer make it so that when you have pressed the button, it can no longer be pressed a second time. Trust me, double clicks aren't fun, well worth a bit of a fiddle with javascript.

The printable reciept isn't valid HTML: it's missing the doctype declaration at the top. I notice it's not XHTML like the rest of the site though; perhaps use:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
w00t!
rwh

Postby rwh » Wednesday Oct 10, 2007 10:52 am

Not sure if it timed out, but after clicking order, then registering, then going through the order, I didn't appear to be logged in.
w00t!
rwh

Postby Ross » Thursday Oct 11, 2007 7:10 am

rwh wrote:Looks great, mate. Very well done. What technologies are you using? Still Joomla and VirtueMart, or is that a different shopping plugin?

I notice that the grain listings quote the price per kilo, despite needing to enter the quantity in grams, which some people might find confusing.

"Do you agree to the above terms and conditions?" Next to the checkout button: there are no terms and conditions to agree to.

Cart total weight appears to always be 0? Is this a problem for postage calculation?

The Pay Now button (where it says Press once only), have your web developer make it so that when you have pressed the button, it can no longer be pressed a second time. Trust me, double clicks aren't fun, well worth a bit of a fiddle with javascript.

The printable reciept isn't valid HTML: it's missing the doctype declaration at the top. I notice it's not XHTML like the rest of the site though; perhaps use:

<DOCTYPE>

Thanks for the feedback rwh, just what I was looking for.

The site has been designed/built by Leerox digital, from the ground up with my input..
Maybe a little confusing but price of grain would look daft quoted in grams & entering in kilos would be more prone to errors (decimal place) IMO. I think/hope people will get the hand of it pretty quickly.
Terms & conditions are in the above title bar, maybe that needs to be made clearer.
I'll look into the other points raised - cheers Ross
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au
Hops, Grain, Yeast & Brewing Supplies
Ross

Postby lethaldog » Thursday Oct 11, 2007 4:37 pm

Ross wrote:
rwh wrote:Looks great, mate. Very well done. What technologies are you using? Still Joomla and VirtueMart, or is that a different shopping plugin?

<DOCTYPE>

Thanks for the feedback rwh, just what I was looking for.

The site has been designed/built by Leerox digital, from the ground up with my input..
Maybe a little confusing but price of grain would look daft quoted in grams & entering in kilos would be more prone to errors (decimal place) IMO. I think/hope people will get the hand of it pretty quickly.
Terms & conditions are in the above title bar, maybe that needs to be made clearer.
I'll look into the other points raised - cheers Ross
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Oct 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Invisible ink Leigh?
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby lethaldog » Thursday Oct 11, 2007 6:06 pm

??

Just highlighting another typo, being a smartass actually :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby JubJub » Tuesday Oct 23, 2007 12:20 am

Given the time I only had a chance for a quick look in.

Love your hop selection and the descriptions.

Brother Jub.
JubJub

Postby ryan » Tuesday Oct 23, 2007 6:02 am

lethaldog wrote:??

Just highlighting another typo, being a smartass actually :lol: :lol:

The funniest typo I`ve seen on here was when "someone" was promoting a hb site in W.A. and made mention of "the hole of West Australia'' when he meant "the WHOLE.............." :lol:
I thought that was hilarious.
Maybe it`s just me :(
ryan

Postby ryan » Thursday Oct 25, 2007 9:48 am

is it? :(
ryan

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Oct 25, 2007 10:05 am

ryan wrote:is it? :(

Would that suprise you? :wink: :D

I have not seen that typo, but I did see "coiling" water the other day. I wonder if it was "spring" water? Could have made a shocker of that post! :lol:

Now I am probably the only one who is going to find that funny...
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Oct 25, 2007 3:31 pm

ryan wrote:is it? :(

"Live in New York City once. Live in Northern California once. But never live in WA. It's a hole." :lol:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Chris » Friday Oct 26, 2007 7:35 am

I always thought that that was Adelaide. But I suppose it equally applies to WA. Not that I can talk in Canberra...

Don't worry Kev, I liked the 'spring water' :D
Chris

Postby KEG » Friday Oct 26, 2007 8:59 am

i think i missed the spring water one lol...
KEG

Postby Chris » Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 7:02 am

One thing that I meant to mention is that you don't get the standard 'pointing hand cursor' when you put your mouse over the side links, instead you get the 'I' shaped one. Was that intentional?
Chris

Postby KEG » Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 7:52 am

which side links? i get the hand cursor.
KEG

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 8:36 am

Hey guys. If you order malt from Ross you may want to be quick about it. Weyerman is going up by $5 to $12 per 25 kilo sack. The price hike will happen Friday.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby rwh » Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 10:02 am

Why's it going up so much? Surely they don't have a drought in Germany?
w00t!
rwh

Postby Kevnlis » Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 10:16 am

rwh wrote:Why's it going up so much? Surely they don't have a drought in Germany?

Together with the shortage of American hops, and the huge decrease in the AA of German hops (due to the drought I guess?), I think AG is going to be getting pretty dear!

On the plus side the AU dollar is buying $0.92 US and USPS has just revamped a more "competitive" international pricing scheme (which basicly meant doing away with surface post and lowering the price on all the air postage), so liquid yeasts should fall in price.
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 4:12 pm

Kevnlis wrote:
rwh wrote: I think AG is going to be getting pretty dear!

So what? It will still be cheaper than megaswill, and way better in quality generally.

As to a bit of increased cost, how many of you young bucks would give up sex if they doubled the price of condoms? Yeh, thought so.
warra48

Postby lethaldog » Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 4:37 pm

Or dont use em :lol: :lol:

Warning: Im married, Not good advice for young singles!! :lol:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

PreviousNext

Return to Retailers' trading room