Ginger Beer

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Re: Ginger Beer

Postby Tipsy » Friday Apr 04, 2008 8:09 pm

SvenTheBererk wrote:I dont think i was bagging them......like i said i think they simply assumed i was more experienced than i am....maybe i should have asked more questions....dont get me wrong they were very helpful and polite..good prices too.

I know you weren't bagging them.

I was in a tounge in cheek sort of way :wink:
Tipsy

Postby SvenTheBererk » Saturday Apr 05, 2008 12:22 am

Hey Tipsy...what do you think the outcome of this brew might be considering i powdered the grain...i c in ur post's u do a lot of beer so u probably have some experience with grain...will it if it dosnt get infected make much difference or should i expect a real wheaty brew?
Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."
SvenTheBererk

Postby Tipsy » Sunday Apr 06, 2008 3:59 pm

SvenTheBererk wrote:Hey Tipsy...what do you think the outcome of this brew might be considering i powdered the grain...i c in ur post's u do a lot of beer so u probably have some experience with grain...will it if it dosnt get infected make much difference or should i expect a real wheaty brew?

To be honest, I haven't got a clue. I have read posts of where people have used flour in brews.
I have never made a ginger beer so I'll leave this one alone :|
Tipsy

Postby SvenTheBererk » Thursday Apr 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Just an update....I took a sample for an S.G. reading it was 1.005 so based on first reading its about 4 percent
But then i smelt it......it smelt like vomit....then i tasted it..same result tasted like vomit this brew went down the sink.
Lesson learned :roll: heres some pics of sediment http://sventheberserkbrewing.weebly.com/ginger-beer-failed.html

Now iv started a ginger plant that seems to be going a bit better here http://sventheberserkbrewing.weebly.com/ginger-beer-plant.html
Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."
SvenTheBererk

Postby rwh » Thursday Apr 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Ah well. You tried. And learned heaps. I've had my share of tipping brews, so I know how you feel. Just keep at it, the good ones make up for it! :)
w00t!
rwh

Postby SvenTheBererk » Thursday Apr 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Learned heaps i have.
And thanks to everyone for their advice..talking to you all makes it that much more of an enjoyable experience. :D
SvenTheBererk

Previous

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .