Zymurgy Magazine 1989 "Yeast and Beer"

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

Zymurgy Magazine 1989 "Yeast and Beer"

Postby jimsmasonry » Thursday Apr 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Zymurgy Magazine 1989, volume12, number 4, special "Yeast and Beer" issue.

Does anyone here have a copy of the article by this title that would be willing to part with it? It is referenced in two Charlie Papazian books I have & would like to give it a read.

Thanks,

Jim.
jimsmasonry

Re: Zymurgy Magazine 1989 "Yeast and Beer"

Postby hyjak » Thursday Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm

No dis-respect to the man Charlie Papazian and his quoted sources but a more recent book on yeast and more readily available is in the below link.
http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Yeast- ... ords=yeast
Have heard many good things about this book and have it on order but am yet to receive it, have to remember that Charlie's first book was released in 1984(?) and has been revised and updated three times ( I have the 3rd edition myself)
hyjak

Postby Bum » Thursday Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Yeast, the organism as opposed to the book, has been around for a bit though and I don't think 1984 yeast science is ready to be relegated to the tip just yet.

"Yeast" is supposed to be be a good book but I think it worth keeping in mind that one of the authors also wants to sell you the stuff as well...
Bum

Postby hyjak » Thursday Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm

My post was more about being able to source that book more easily than a 23yo issue of a magazine that as far as I know is US based and distributed and not that it contained more or better information. I realise he is out to sell yeast it is after all his bread n butter... anyway doesn't matter either way if your after 'yeast' information there is plenty floating around the web that won't cost you a cent and will most likely cover the same things as any book or magazine.
hyjak

Postby Bum » Friday Apr 06, 2012 12:25 am

hyjak wrote:either way if your after 'yeast' information there is plenty floating around the web that won't cost you a cent and will most likely cover the same things as any book or magazine.

+1
Bum

Postby jimsmasonry » Friday Apr 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks guys.

I've thumbed through that book at my local supplier. It's more of an over kill than I can use and more than I wanted to spend also. I've found lots of stuff on the web; most of it is too vague and I don't do well reading a pc screen. Of course I could print it but it is just as easy to ask if anyone has a copy of what I'm actually looking for.

Thanks again,

Jim
jimsmasonry

Zymurgy Magazine Special Issue 1989 Yeast

Postby jimsmasonry » Wednesday Apr 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Here is a link to a photo & such of the issue I am looking for.
Thanks,
Jim. :)

http://members.brewersassociation.org/s ... spx?id=759
jimsmasonry

Return to Grain brewing