Best All Grain Recipes on this site

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

Best All Grain Recipes on this site

Postby Flux » Monday Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Well I have drunk all my beer, all kegs are empty bar 1 still on tap which is about to die in the next couple of days.

So I was ever wondering what to brew next? and start my stocks up again with 9 kegs to fill I am going to be busy.

Wondering if I could wrap up a little go too thread here to expose the best AG recipes on this site thus far, as I've tried some beauties from here, but hoping to make them all on recommendation eventually, could it be possible to get input from you guys as to the note worthy recipes worth a mention that could give us all some incentives to brew them?

Anything you've brewed with the help of this site that you always enjoy brewing could you please enter it into this thread so we can all make use of them and share the joy of great home brewed beer.
Also is there a best recipe and if so what is it ?

Cheers :mrgreen:
Flux

Re: Best All Grain Recipes on this site

Postby Oliver » Monday Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Flux,

Tonight I drank the latest incarnation of DrSMurto's Golden Ale (my variation here), which I bottled only a week ago. Already, it's bloody good. I've got a slight problem with clarity, but that's an issue for another post. Nothing wrong with the flavour though.

If you haven't brewed a DrSmurto's GA yet, make it one of the nine. It's probably the most-brewed all-grain beer in the land.

In fact, why not brew a couple of variations, outlined in the good doc's thread linked to above!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby rotten » Wednesday Feb 27, 2013 9:54 am

Another fave of mine is Trough lollies SNPA Clone. Many variations to try there too. That would be my favourite from this site, with drsmurtos Timothy Taylor Landlord and Golden Ale close behind. I haven't tried Earles Stone and Wood ? but it's always received good comments.

sorry drsmurto :P

Edit to make sense
Beer numbs all zombies !!!
rotten

Postby Flux » Monday Mar 04, 2013 5:15 am

Thanks guy's.
Have tried the SNPA rotten and have to agree with you there mate as well. It is my favourite recipe this far off this site and always brew it, have tried out most of the twists on it and yeah it's a bloody great brew, hats off to the inventor of that.
Surely we have more though,.... Anyone ?
Flux

Postby earle » Tuesday Mar 05, 2013 6:52 pm

Having only brewed 2 AG brews I can't really add to this thread at the moment. Am working on an AG version of my extract Stone and Wood clone. I'll post it once sorted.
earle

Postby Oliver » Wednesday Mar 06, 2013 4:13 pm

A recipe section is part of the new, improved site that's in the pipeline. Should make discussions like this a whole lot easier!

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to Grain brewing