Magic Mixer

Talk about methods, equipment and recipes for making brewed and distilled spirits at home.

Magic Mixer

Postby NTRabbit » Sunday Jul 03, 2005 3:25 am

Has anyone made any of those Magic Mixers? My brother picked up 2 cans - 11.5L per can - of the Bourbon & Cola, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? He has double all the ingredients, is it just as simple as pitching them all into the one fermenter?

Each can comes with a bottle of liquid flavouring, a sachet of artificial sweetener, and 2 sachets of yeast (one for primary, one for secondary). You need to rack after fermentation, then add the flavouring and then add the second lot of yeast before bottling. Kind of weird.

Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby gregb » Sunday Jul 03, 2005 6:07 am

I did a Bicardi Style Rum and Cola about ten years ago.
It had artificial sweeteners in it and tasted absolute crap.
Hopefully the technology has improved since then, good luck with it.

Cheers

Greg
gregb

Postby Oliver » Monday Jul 04, 2005 2:17 pm

Given my experience with Cooper's Ginger Beer (which also contains artificial sweetener), I'd steer clear of this product. I don't reckon there'd be any hiding the fact that it's artificially sweetened.

See http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=332 for information on my ginger beer saga.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby NTRabbit » Monday Jul 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Perhaps he could throw in some lactose instead of the artificial sweetener packs? I still have 325g of it leftover from my cider (which was still too dry with 175g in it)
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Return to Spirits