West Melbourne/ City Bottleshops?

Been to a good pub, or bad, lately? Found a bar with a great selection of beer? Looking for a new local or somewhere to visit on holidays?

West Melbourne/ City Bottleshops?

Postby Fifey » Monday Dec 13, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm staying at the Hotel Spencer recommended to me in the West/North Melbourne pubs thread. One of the presents I got for my birthday was a couple of Little Creatures' beers, so I thought I'd return the favour and get them a couple of interesting brews that are hard to get 'round my parts. I'm looking for a reasonable priced bottle shop with a good range, and preferably with knowledgeable staff. Maybe you could help alleviate the need for the second by suggesting a good fruity Nelson Sauvin-y beer (he drinks a lot of Sav Blanc) and a nice porter.
Last edited by Fifey on Monday Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifey

Re: West Melbourne/ City Bottleshops?

Postby chadjaja » Monday Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

OK google maps is your fried for my recommendations :wink:

There is a small but decent little bottlo on William st just at the top of the Vic Market. Its basically on the corner of William st and Dudley st West Melbourne. He has some decent Vic micro stuff in there.

For the best range in the area I'd go to Parkhill cellars on Erol st Nth Melbourne. Its not far at all even walking, I used to walk it when I live in the Melb CBD. Its on Erol st at the Victoria st end and there you can find a huge range of both imported hard to find beers and Aussie micros.

Then the easy option is the Vic market deli hall on market days. Swords there has a great range of beers too. Its the end stall on the Therry st end.

My pick would easily be the boys at parkhill... :wink: :)~
chadjaja

Re: West Melbourne/ City Bottleshops?

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Dec 14, 2010 8:07 am

I second everything that chadjaja said.

The former (on William Street, West Melbourne, just off Dudley (basically at the end of Walsh Street, and diagonally opposite the Royal Standard Hotel where you can stop in for a Bostons Mill Pale Ale on tap) has a reasonable range.

Parkill Cellars would definitely be my preference though. Very large range of beers, including many imported brews. Just check the best-before dates of some of the more obscure ones though as I suspect they don't sell much of some of them.

(And if you're looking for Errol Street in the street directory it's got a double "r" ;-) )

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to Pubs and bars