One for the Keggers

The ins and outs of putting your beer into kegs.

Postby Lebowski » Saturday Nov 26, 2005 6:47 pm

I tried changing the setup, still seems to get a bubble at the beer out disconnect as well as the tap tho.
Lebowski

Postby Aussie Claret » Saturday Nov 26, 2005 10:25 pm

Mate,
I think that you must be over gasing the beer, try the method I posted earlier in the thread.
Cheers
AC
Aussie Claret

Postby Lebowski » Sunday Nov 27, 2005 1:36 am

Thats the method I use (ross method from aussie homew brewer)
Lebowski

Postby Hillbilly » Sunday Nov 27, 2005 10:25 am

G'day Lebowski, sorry to see that your kegs still ar'nt pouring right. Looking at the air pockets in your line I was thinking that you may have a broken dip tube gasket ( part number 1 in the link ) http://www.stainlesstanks.com.au/kegs.html. If this does'nt seal well the C02 could also be leaking into your beer line together with the beer its drawing up from the bottom of the dip tube explaining the large air pockets in your lines. I'd give them a full packing/seal overhaul and try again.
Hillbilly
Hillbilly

Postby Lebowski » Sunday Nov 27, 2005 2:30 pm

I seem to pour ok, just have to pour into a jug till the tap is cold and to get rid of the first few air bubbles, then its right. (I think part of my air pocket problem is due to the fact that I normaly leave the gas at about 50kpa or lower to pour so some of the gas comes out of solution, turning it up when I'm not using it seems to reduce the air bubbles.
Lebowski

Previous

Return to Kegging