Ever had a Marizpan flavour?

General homebrew discussion, tips and help on kit and malt extract brewing, and talk about equipment. Queries on sourcing supplies and equipment should go in The Store.

Ever had a Marizpan flavour?

Postby ozcah » Thursday Aug 18, 2005 11:34 pm

Hiya,

I brewed a batch of Cascade Golden Harvest lager a coupe of months ago now. When I first tried it it had a Marizpan flavour, still has it now at least 6 weeks later. That's what myself and others have likened the flavour too.

Brewed with a brewcraft enhancer #40 (actual ingredients unknown) -Australian Lager Enhancer.

Took ages to ferment, over two weeks from memory and I know I had trouble controlling the temperature. It got very cold during that time and it was before I "lashed out" on a single bed blanket to wrap up the fermenter in.

Bottled in PET 640ml bottles with carbonation drops. Very little fizz even now. It's ok but I have nicknamed it the Disappointing Lager because of the minimal carbonation and funny flavour.

As I want to learn from this experience, can anyone sugest if it was the temperature which might have caused this problem or something else?

Catchya
Ozcah

Mmmmmmm Beer!
ozcah

Return to Making beer