Jack Frost

General homebrew discussion, tips and help on kit and malt extract brewing, and talk about equipment. Queries on sourcing supplies and equipment should go in The Store.

Jack Frost

Postby Dogger Dan » Sunday Feb 13, 2005 6:51 am

I started a thred regarding an ice beer some time ago, I would like to add to it if I could.

I fermented a nice Irish Red Ale which as a stand alone would be fine. After fermentation was complete, I took the brew outside in very small red readings on the thermometer (-20 C or so) and extracted the slush.

This by far has been the most unsanitary creation I have made and I am certain it will go south if stored for a long time. The problem is, it needs time on the shelf, heady stuff to I might add.

I keep putting it in the boat race mind you. My readings put it at about 8.5-9 and has the taste of it to with a large green hop flavour.

I have bottled 5 litres, will try those again in the summer (Crystal Clear right now mind you)

Only need one or two of these in a hurry and you will be spouting all sorts of tripe. (wich apparently I have done but thats OK)

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Return to Making beer