Cheap-ish kits

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Cheap-ish kits

Postby steveo » Sunday Jul 17, 2005 7:33 pm

Just went to Bi-Lo in Karingal/Frankston North (Victoria), and they've got all the standard Coopers kits and the Wander for $8.60-$8.80. Not super cheap, but a couple of bucks off. Don't know if it's all Bi-Lo's, or how long it lasts.
Steve no function beer well without
steveo

Re: Cheap-ish kits

Postby kosmo » Wednesday Feb 22, 2006 10:54 am

steveo wrote:Just went to Bi-Lo in Karingal/Frankston North (Victoria), and they've got all the standard Coopers kits and the Wander for $8.60-$8.80. Not super cheap, but a couple of bucks off. Don't know if it's all Bi-Lo's, or how long it lasts.

hey steveo,

my sister and brother in law (Jeff) live in Frankston, I get there occasionally too. Jeff wants to start HB soonish, is there a HB place in F/ston or do you just get of it from the Hub? When it's time I'll get there and get him started for the 1st batch.

cheers
Ian
kosmo

Postby Mandrakar » Tuesday Mar 14, 2006 12:34 pm

Nobody LIVES in Frankston do they? Surely people only Exist there ?? :lol:

(TIC - Lived in the Pines for 5 years in the late 80's early 90's).

M
Mandrakar

Postby flosso » Tuesday Mar 14, 2006 1:13 pm

Kosmo - there's a fewhomebrew shops around the Frankston area, never been to any myself but always drove past them.

There's a couple of Brew & Grows - both on the nepean highway, one is around Chelsea/Edithvale next to Flakey Jakes and the other is in Frankston

There's also a couple of standalones as well - one near either Hall Rd or Ballarto Rd off the Frankston Freeway (if you drive down the freeway towards Franga there should be a small sign for it), and another which has only been open a couple of months I think on Bayview Rd near Arthurs Seat if you're ever down on the peninsula.
Last edited by flosso on Tuesday Mar 14, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flosso

Postby kosmo » Tuesday Mar 14, 2006 1:23 pm

hey flosso,

thanks mate. I'll be heading that way in the next few days. So will definately check them out. My bro-in-law is gunna be a convert when he samples my (still young) dragon stout me thinks.

cheers
Ian

flosso wrote:Kosmo - there's a fewhomebrew shops around the Frankston area, never been to any myself but always drove past them.

There's a couple of Brew & Grows - both on the nepean highway, One is around Chelsea/Edithvale next to Flakey Jakes and the other is in Frankston

There's also a couple of standalones as well - one near either Hall Rd or Ballarto Rd off the Frankston Freeway (if you drive down the freeway towards Franga there should be a small sign for it), and another which has only been open a couple of months of think on Bayview Rd near Arthurs Seat if you're ever down on the peninsula.
kosmo

Return to Bargain bin