Cheap stuff at Coles, Prahran

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Cheap stuff at Coles, Prahran

Postby undercover1 » Sunday Oct 23, 2005 8:57 am

Was doing some shopping yesterday at Coles in Chapel St. , and noticed they have Cascade kits for $4.00, bags of Coopers carb drops for a measly 50c, and bags of Coopers dextrose for $2.00. Get in and fill yer boots.
A word of warning- not all the kits have their yeast sachet, and even if they do, someone has blurred/scratched off the best before dates. Still, at $4.00 a pop, you can't go wrong.
Salut!
undercover1

Re: Cheap stuff at Coles, Prahran

Postby yardglass » Sunday Oct 23, 2005 11:36 am

undercover1 wrote: Cascade kits for $4.00

bugger. :evil:

wish i lived in Melbourne.

sort of... :wink:
excuse me... your karma just ran over my dogma.

GOOD BREWS
yardglass

Postby Dogger Dan » Monday Oct 24, 2005 3:59 am

Tell your food agency

Defacing the Best Before is illegal, worse than borrowing a keg on a permanent basis if you know what I mean.

I agree though, pitch the yeast in the gash and use the can with a fresh yeast.

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby Aussie Claret » Monday Oct 24, 2005 9:53 am

UC1,
A bit late but I wouldn't take one of those cascade kits if they were giving them away, absolute sh**.

Not to my pallet anyway, probably going to upset a few others on the site, but I'll pay my money for something decent such as a coopers, or morgans.

Each to their own, happy brewing.
AC
Aussie Claret

Postby undercover1 » Monday Oct 24, 2005 10:13 am

Indeed, AC.
I picked up a Spicy Ghost & a Golden Harvest lager, couldn't help myself, just could not walk past such a sweet deal.
Think it's getting too warm for lagers now anyway, was thinking of just chucking them in together as a 2 can brew at some stage.
Like the carb drops- I don't need them, but was powerless to stop myself from picking up two packs...my inner homebrewer took over and I lost the power of rational thought.
Salut!
undercover1

Postby Aussie Claret » Monday Oct 24, 2005 12:08 pm

LOL
If you're going to put them down just a suggestion add some LME to the Summer Harvest.

I've left mine to condition for about 3months now and although drinkable, will just be trying to get rid of it. Hope your's comes out better than mine.
Cheers
AC
Aussie Claret

Postby Tyberious Funk » Monday Oct 24, 2005 2:35 pm

undercover1 wrote:Indeed, AC.
I picked up a Spicy Ghost & a Golden Harvest lager, couldn't help myself, just could not walk past such a sweet deal.
Think it's getting too warm for lagers now anyway, was thinking of just chucking them in together as a 2 can brew at some stage.
Like the carb drops- I don't need them, but was powerless to stop myself from picking up two packs...my inner homebrewer took over and I lost the power of rational thought.

Don't feel too bad... I would have given in to temptation too... and I have enough kits, malts and grains for another 2-3 brews and I already have two brews fermenting. I just can't help myself :oops:
Tyberious Funk

Return to Bargain bin