Coopers Kits on sale !

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Coopers Kits on sale !

Postby Daring Dave » Tuesday Sep 07, 2004 2:22 pm

Greetings All

Coopers kits are currently on sale at KMART for $58 bucks !

I dont know if its Australia wide but I thought it was a good price and picked one up last night...

My 1st brew is currently bubbling away nicely at 22deg. :D

Lets hope it works...

Cheers
Daring Dave

Postby Matty » Wednesday Sep 08, 2004 9:25 am

Hey Dave,
Sounds like this is your first brew? If ya followed the instructions and made it all sterile then there's no reason why it shouldn't work. If ya keep making and drinking your own, most of the commercial beers will kinda end up all tasting the same........ watery and tasteless!! lol

Enjoy

Cheers
Last edited by Matty on Thursday Sep 09, 2004 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know u think u understand what u thought I said, but I don't think u realise that what u heard is not what I meant.........
Matty

Postby Daring Dave » Wednesday Sep 08, 2004 9:51 am

Gday matty

Yep 1st brew so Im a complete beginner...Still bubbling along every 5-10 secs after 1 1/2 days...... I followed the instructions to the letter and watched the video twice....

Strangely enough my wife thinks Ive lost the plot and is now calling the fermentor 'The other woman!' ...... :P

As a result of such discussion my young son (5) asked if I had given the fermentor a name yet and as a result we now have a 4th member of our houshold called 'Betsy'..who lives in the cupboard with the hot water service...

I live in a madhouse...
Daring Dave

Coopers Kits

Postby ashy » Wednesday Sep 08, 2004 10:08 pm

Dave,
my little boy isn't two yet but he knows how to help me make a brew. He helps me make it by doing the stirring, cleans the bottles and checks the tempreture along with making the bubbling sound. Everytime I do a new batch he gets all excited. May not be a good sign.
Good luck with your first brew and I'm sure once you get the hang of it they will taste better then any bought stuff. I have only being brewing for about 15 months and haven't bought any beer from the pubs for ages.

Like one bloke who ran a home brew shop said to me once, home brewing started out as a thing to see how cheap you could make beer but now people are more interested in the taste and brewing better beers

Ashy
ashy

Re: Coopers Kits on sale !

Postby dab123 » Thursday Sep 09, 2004 11:43 pm

Daring Dave wrote:Greetings All

Coopers kits are currently on sale at KMART for $58 bucks !

I dont know if its Australia wide but I thought it was a good price and picked one up last night...

My 1st brew is currently bubbling away nicely at 22deg. :D

Lets hope it works...

Cheers

yes that special was on here in W.A, so am into my first attempt allso.
what brew did you select ? I have gone for the coopers bitter, seems ok up to now. so fingers crossed , its steady on 24c, first hydrometer reading was 1040, is that normal.
dab123

Postby Matty » Friday Sep 10, 2004 12:13 am

I also got one of these kits last week from K-mart so as to have 3 on the go. 1 to primary ferment, 1 to secondary and 1 for cold condition.

dab123 didn't yours come with a Coops. Lager?

Matty
I know u think u understand what u thought I said, but I don't think u realise that what u heard is not what I meant.........
Matty

FIRST BREW

Postby dab123 » Friday Sep 10, 2004 10:18 pm

sorry if i misled you matty , the kits where on special here, but i missed out ( offer closed that day)
however i ended up buying a pre-loved outfit from out of our local paper
so had to visit the brew store for a kit etc.
had a cold snap last night, brew temp dropped to 18 ? but was still bubbling, at 4am i was out in the shed fitting a old anorack around the fermenter & rigging a light beneath it .
oh well !! hope it will all be worth it .
dab123

Postby Daring Dave » Friday Sep 10, 2004 10:47 pm

Well the bubbling on my 1st brew seems to have finished..Temp has been around 20-22 mostly as far as I can tell.
I took an SG reading as its now been just over 3 days and it read 1020. Bit more fermenting to go I suspect....A quick sip confirmed it was 'alcaholic'.. but not particularly pleasant yet.... There was a very good head in the hydrometer tube too...I hope to bottle perhaps on Sunday..... :P
Daring Dave

Postby morry » Saturday Sep 11, 2004 10:50 pm

When me and my mate bought our kit, it was on sale at harris scarfes for $60. We didnt even realise it at the start. 6 months later were still going strong!
morry

Postby Longbeach Brewer » Monday Sep 13, 2004 10:21 pm

I'm gonna make you all jealous when I tell you I bought 2 Coopers Kits from my local Safeway as a clearance item for $30 each!
I gave one to my mate, and am currently brewing batch number 10, slowly filling up my front lounge room with conditioning beer, and always annoying my wife...
Longbeach Brewer

Return to Bargain bin