coopers cans @ coles

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

coopers cans @ coles

Postby buscador » Saturday Jan 06, 2007 8:40 pm

in melbourne area, at moonee ponds coles at least, today cans of some coopers beers were on sale for $9.40something, thought youd like to know
b 8) 8)

thought of starting a poll
but really just want to know for a beginner POV
as a begginer, what can of coopers or cascade or other did you brew the most, maybe over and over to get iit right? or closer to what you wanted.
a newby question, but maybe itll take you back to those golden oldies...
You had me at dry hopping.
buscador

Postby geoffclifton » Saturday Jan 06, 2007 9:16 pm

IMHO
Guaranteed result from my early brews was Coopers draught or canadian blonde with a kilo of dex then bulk primed with 200g of dex. Hell of a head but very drinkable. I went backwards trying sugar brews and am now trying kit & malt.

Cheers, Geoff
geoffclifton

Postby Shaun » Sunday Jan 07, 2007 3:01 pm

The one kit I did over and over was Gold Rush Texas T Black Ale to get my old ale right.

Now they have stopped making it I have to start all over again to find a good Dark Ale kit
Shaun

Postby hbg » Thursday Jan 18, 2007 1:21 pm

If you want a cheap beer, just use the homebrand from Coles, Woolies, Bi-Lo etc.

However, the better the ingredients, the better the end results. Use Dextrose instead of Sugar (Read http://www.countrybrewer.com.au/webcontent39.htm) .
Buy a can of Morgans, which is @ $13-$14. It works out around 25% more, but it will prove to be a much better drop.
hbg

Postby shane_vor » Thursday Jan 18, 2007 8:38 pm

Over and over again I've done the Blue Mountains Own (clean skin ESB can) Pilsner with 1.5kg extra pale malt extract and a little extra Saaz. Now the bugger's stopped making the little cans and I have had to try the 3kilo jobbies! I hope they work as well.
"Happy have we met,

Happy have we been.

Happy may we part

And happy meet again."
shane_vor

Return to Bargain bin