Kmart

Spread the word about cheap beer, or homebrewing equipment and supplies. Found something of interest on eBay? Post it here.

Kmart

Postby Timmsy » Wednesday Aug 29, 2007 9:58 am

I see last nite while flicking through the junk mail that kmart has 20% of home brew stuff. Mite have to head down and have a gork
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby banger » Wednesday Aug 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Yep correct, was there at lunchtime today and picked up a can of the Coopers Aus Pale Ale for under $10. Bargain :D
banger

Postby gregb » Wednesday Aug 29, 2007 3:46 pm

Only one :?:

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby Noodles » Wednesday Aug 29, 2007 3:52 pm

My local Kmart is usually crap for stocking homebrew stuff. Will have to duck down after work to see if they've got any more stock in for the sale.
"Doc, what can I do about these terrible hangovers?"
'You can stop drinking beer'
"No, seriously Doc, what can I do?"
Noodles

Postby banger » Wednesday Aug 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Only one

Mmm, good point Greg, although I do have 3 cans of Coopers Bitter that my good wife picked up for me for $4 a pop a while back. I'd better get brewing methinks..
banger

Postby Noodles » Thursday Aug 30, 2007 9:47 am

Went down to Kmart last night and they had a little bit more stock than they usually do. They've started stocking Brigalow kits and adjuncts which they haven't in the past. I noticed Brigalow have a thing called a 'hop tablet' which sells for about $2.50 which the instructions said you just throw in your fermenter once you've topped to 23 litres. Has anyone used these in the past? It didn't have an ingredients list so I don't know what type of hops were used to make the tablet (if any).

Anyway, Coopers Pale Ale at $10 a can was too good to pass up, so I grabbed a couple of them. Also the Coopers Starter kits at $60.00 were great value but they were sold out.
Noodles

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Aug 30, 2007 9:56 am

Noodles wrote:Went down to Kmart last night and they had a little bit more stock than they usually do. They've started stocking Brigalow kits and adjuncts which they haven't in the past. I noticed Brigalow have a thing called a 'hop tablet' which sells for about $2.50 which the instructions said you just throw in your fermenter once you've topped to 23 litres. Has anyone used these in the past? It didn't have an ingredients list so I don't know what type of hops were used to make the tablet (if any).

Anyway, Coopers Pale Ale at $10 a can was too good to pass up, so I grabbed a couple of them. Also the Coopers Starter kits at $60.00 were great value but they were sold out.

Mostly likely foam rubber soaked in hop extract :lol:

Sorry I have not seen or used them, but comming from Brigalow I would not expect much!

Also the fact that it didn't actually say what it was or what was in it scares me a bit :shock:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Noodles » Thursday Aug 30, 2007 10:06 am

Kevnlis wrote:Mostly likely foam rubber soaked in hop extract :lol:

Sorry I have not seen or used them, but comming from Brigalow I would not expect much!

Also the fact that it didn't actually say what it was or what was in it scares me a bit :shock:

Yeah, I wasn't sure what was in them so I didn't buy one. I'm still tempted to go back and pick one up just to find out what they're like.
Noodles

Postby Timmsy » Thursday Aug 30, 2007 10:45 am

Went there after work yesterday. Got myself a Cooppers pale and Coopers mexican. That all they had and also got myself 2 packets of carb drops and 2 pakets of crown seals. It ended up costing me $26! bargin in anyones book
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will.
Timmsy

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Aug 30, 2007 12:41 pm

Timmsy wrote:Went there after work yesterday. Got myself a Cooppers pale and Coopers mexican. That all they had and also got myself 2 packets of carb drops and 2 pakets of crown seals. It ended up costing me $26! bargin in anyones book

I cleaned the shelves on Coopers crown seals, at $1.67 per 100 thats the best deal I have ever seen on any crown seal!

Also the automatica bench cappers work out to $40.07! Thats cheaper than the one I got second hand off eBay yesterday...DOH!
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby scblack » Friday Aug 31, 2007 9:12 am

Got the missus to check out Kmart brewing - got a Tooheys Dark Ale for $7.00 and a Coopers Mexican for $10.00.

Pretty good pricing.

Forgot to check out caps......bugger.
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry.
scblack

Postby Lachy » Wednesday Sep 05, 2007 5:23 pm

I've been popping in and out of Kmart these last few days (for non-brew related matters, I promise!) and the sale is still ongoing. I picked up the Cooper's kit yesterday for a mate's 21st. Today I grabbed the Canadian Blonde and Australian Pale Ale, and the dreaded Ginger Beer. Now, I've jumped on this site and found a clonebrew recipe for Bright Brewery's Hellfire Amber Ale (delicious stuff, it be!) that uses the Cooper's Real Ale kit as a starting point. I think I'll have to go back again tomorrow... :lol:
Lachy

Postby KEG » Wednesday Sep 05, 2007 9:17 pm

apparently the sale ended today :(
KEG

Postby Lachy » Wednesday Sep 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Aye, it did. They were locking the doors when I got there this evening. :evil:
Lachy

Postby Noodles » Thursday Sep 06, 2007 8:43 am

I couldn't help myself in the end and rushed down after work last night and picked up another Coopers Micro-Brew Kit. It was advertised at $60 and scanned through at $57 so I was just that little bit happier. Now the proud owner of 2 carboys and a pail. My cold conditioning fridge is clean and will soon contain a Southern lager wetpak.
Noodles

Return to Bargain bin