Wishlist requests - We need you!

What's happening on homebrewandbeer.com.

Re: Wishlist requests - We need you!

Postby warra48 » Thursday Jul 11, 2013 3:56 pm

I've always bottled, and always will, as mrs warra doesn't see the need to approve a kegging set up.
Sorry, but I can't help you with this one.
warra48

Postby jello » Friday Jul 12, 2013 6:45 am

I'm no pro at kegging. I got all my info from other sites and did my best. Still learning.
Jeff.
jello

Postby emnpaul » Wednesday Sep 18, 2013 9:38 pm

I might be the only one thinking this but I'll go ahead anyway...

I find myself going to that other site every now and then to check out build ideas and brewery setups. In particular projects like home made urns, poor man's Braumeister setups, that sort of thing. Should we have a projects or brewery build section?
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby Guru » Thursday Sep 19, 2013 8:36 am

I agree, that's probably the only time I head over to any other homebrew forum. Always looking for some inspiration, especially with pictures, or video even. Sometimes it's hard to find all the good info as it's buried in a 100 page forum topic.
Guru

Postby Oliver » Thursday Sep 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me. Do others agree?

Would it be a place strictly for discussion on brewery setup and to brag about your own gear, along with somewhere to post projects? i.e. it's for the big-ticket brewing items used to make beer such as entire setups, fermenting fridges and boilers, not smaller brewing items such as cappers, chillers, etc.

Seems like it'd be like the other site's "Tools of the trade" section rolled into one?

Or have I got that intention wrong?

Any thoughts on what the new section would be called?

Here are some probably silly suggestions: "The hardware shop", "Show us your gear". :roll:

It'd be easy to add the section, and there are plenty of threads that could be moved there from other areas.

Keep the ideas coming, fellas!

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Geoff » Thursday Sep 19, 2013 1:16 pm

"My Brewery". A place to show off, exchange ideas about, & seek assistance with our toys.
Give a man a beer and he wastes an hour. Teach a man to brew and he wastes a lifetime.
Geoff

Postby warra48 » Thursday Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.

All of us who have brewed for some time will have worked out what works in their breweries.
Might prove inspirational for other brewers, whether they are looking to spend $$$, or do it on a pauper's budget as I do.
warra48

Postby emnpaul » Thursday Sep 19, 2013 6:06 pm

"The Tool Shed"? http://www.google.com.au/search?q=the+t ... e&ie=UTF-8

OK, maybe the tool shed isn't such a good idea. The tool box? Gettin' dirty? Oops, there I go again. :roll:

I think Geoff's suggestion might be the best and lets not forget, this website is half his after all.
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby Oliver » Saturday Sep 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Ask and you shall receive: My brewery.

Now, start posting in it you buggers! I might try and find a few existing posts to move into the new forum.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Oliver » Friday Nov 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi guys,

A quick update on where the new site is at:

DrSmurto has contributed a tutorial on all-grain brewing, which has been added to the site. Jello sent me some pics of his BIAB, which I have incorporated.

At the moment I'm in the middle (literally) of the arduous task of migrating all 250-odd beer reviews that Geoff and I have done to the new site. When it's launched you'll be able to rate and review those beers and submit new beers.

Likewise, there will be a section on Australian breweries, including ratings and reviews.

And taking up SaazGorilla's idea there'll be a section on hop varieties where you can rate and review hops. Comments and ratings on grain and yeast may follow, depending on how things go.

The recipes section hit a bit of a stumbling block. It's unlikely to be on the new site when it's launched but it is coming.

Unfortunately there's no ETA for the new site, but I'm hoping it'll happen before Christmas. Every waking minute is spent on it at the moment so it'd be nice to get it out there.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Previous

Return to News and announcements