Mexican SOL Beer

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Mexican SOL Beer

Postby Wassa » Tuesday Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm

I have just had the genuine misfortune of trying one of these terrible brews,

It was light, it had no flavour, it had no body, it had no gas & if hops have ever seen the inside of te brew house, then it must be in such infinite quantities to not show.

This beer in my humble opinion is even worse than green death, which at leat has some taste, albeit from POR hops.

I rate this beer that highly that I wouldn't give it to a Mann dieting of thirst!!!!!
The liver is Evil and must be punished!!
Wassa

Re: Mexican SOL Beer

Postby Guru » Tuesday Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Haven't had this beer for quite a while, last time it was because someone was giving them away. I can't say I remember it tasting bad, just really light as you said. IMHO there isn't much worse beer than VB (except maybe Fosters), so I wouldn't rate it that low. I reckon if you drank it really cold on a hot day it would be ok to quench the thirst.
Guru

Postby Mad Dog » Tuesday Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Some Mexico ambers aren't horrible, but I agree. Most of it is severely lacking.
Mad Dog

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Jan 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Sol is a fairly disgusting beer, although I would rather drink a dozen of them than one Corona. Well, maybe six than one Corona.

Having been to Mexico, albeit briefly, I can report that Corona is the Foster's of Mexico (in that no one drinks it in Mexico), while Sol is the VB (in that it's uniquitous and drunk by the locals).

While I was there I asked a local if he drank Corona, and he and his mates all started laughing ... then proceeded to tell me how delicous Sol was when mixed with tomato juice and salt. Strange.

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to The beer you buy