Budweiser losing money

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Budweiser losing money

Postby undercover1 » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 8:59 am

Even slashing prices isn't increasing sales.

Budweiser brewer sees profit fall
Anheuser-Busch says times are tough in the US beer industry
Budweiser brewer Anheuser-Busch has reported a sharp drop in earnings, following recent price cuts on many of its beer brands.
The largest US brewer also warned that its full-year profits would be up to 11% lower than the previous year. Anheuser-Busch reported third-quarter profits of $518m (£292m), from $684m at the same time last year.
The company, which also brews Michelob beer, has been slashing prices in an attempt to drive up sales volumes. "We are disappointed in our sales and earnings results," said Anheuser-Busch chief executive Patrick Stokes.

"Both the company and the domestic beer industry have experienced volume declines and significant cost pressures."

Salut!
undercover1

Postby grabman » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 9:17 am

maybe they should try brewing decent beer :wink: :wink:
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Dogger Dan » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 9:59 am

Grab

You nailed it, rather thanb the coffee beer they were doing they could have done a nice Boh and made a fortune. Dumb Bastards

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby beermeister » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 10:34 am

They probably take too much notice of their marketing people (who else would think of chucking in caffiene? - that's just taking a nudge at Red Bull, Guarana drinks etc).

Big beer companies have got the wherewithal to do limited or test runs of new beers with real flavour, they should give that a go.

BM
beermeister

Postby Wassa » Thursday Oct 27, 2005 10:37 am

I reckon they'd be losing money. Who'd pay to drink that slop.

To tell the truth I usually drink Dos Equois when in the States and even that isn't all that good. I am always glad to get home for a decent beer.
The liver is Evil and must be punished!!
Wassa

Return to The beer you buy