Nasties in beer

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Re: Nasties in beer

Postby Kevnlis » Wednesday Feb 20, 2008 6:04 pm

Not only that, but what it would do to their business and reputation if you went public and notified the proper government bodies! I would put them over a barrel, or 20, the non-returnable type, as well as a system to dispense and cool it :P
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby cpd » Wednesday Feb 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Pallet of mixed cartons is what I'm after, plus of course the clear stubbie holder
cpd

Postby James L » Thursday Feb 21, 2008 9:37 am

to be honest... i think you'll have a hard time getting much from them if you've already opened the bottle... whats to say you didnt put it in there (not that you did), but they dont know that... they might think that you're trying to extort them.

I would've kept this between yourself and the brewery...
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Feb 21, 2008 12:07 pm

James L wrote:to be honest... i think you'll have a hard time getting much from them if you've already opened the bottle... whats to say you didnt put it in there (not that you did), but they dont know that... they might think that you're trying to extort them.

I have to say i agree with James on this one, damn hard to prove it and youd have no chance in court. If it was me i would take the carton or 2 on offer.

Not doubting you cpd, its just not worth it in the end. How would you go about proving it in court? Witnesses? if it happened in a restaurant youd have a case, but at home, i say snowflakes chance in hell.
drsmurto

Postby James L » Thursday Feb 21, 2008 1:16 pm

i remember the time when i was young we found a few pieces of blue metal at the bottom of a bottle of coke (750ml glass). we didnt open it but got dad to take it back to the factory... we thought that we'd get at least a carton of cokes... but all they gave dad was a tour of the factory and two NEW 500ml plastic bottles of coke... Just think if we had've choked on the blue metal...

I think that they think that they have such a large customer base, and the chances of something getting in the bottle is so low that they consider it negligable to worry about complains like that...

Its like the rat in the chicko roll stories or the cows eye in the pie... doesnt stop you from eating them cos what are the chances of it happening?
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby Snowdog » Friday Feb 22, 2008 10:32 am

This thread reminds me of the movie 'Strange Brew' where they try to get a case of free beer by putting a mouse in a bottle. :lol:

Speaking of nasties in beer, I have to wonder how diligent some pubs are in cleaning their tap lines.
Snowdog

Postby Paleman » Friday Feb 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Billy wrote:I had an experience at a local pup a while back where I was sitting down having a couple of coldies after work, like you do, and just got to the bottom of my second scooie and wouldn't you know it a cockroach egg. As I am sure I didn't order a meal with my beer I was quite angry.I am no longer allowed into that pup for a year or so anyway. Any one else had something in there beer they didn't order?

Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell does a cockroach egg look like.....how does one identify one !! :shock:

If it was a chicken egg in my beer, then i'd get upset, at least i'd know what it is. Ya sure it wasn't the Barmans dandruff ? :lol:
" White Wine with Roast Beef ! how dare you ? "..... " I dare because I like it ! " ....Dogger on the meaning of life.
Paleman

Postby Paleman » Friday Feb 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Here We Go !!

" White Wine with Roast Beef ! how dare you ? "..... " I dare because I like it ! " ....Dogger on the meaning of life.
Paleman

Postby cpd » Saturday Feb 23, 2008 12:42 am

James L wrote:to be honest... i think you'll have a hard time getting much from them if you've already opened the bottle...whats to say you didnt put it in there (not that you did), but they dont know that... they might think that you're trying to extort them.

I pretty much agree with you, I only wish I had see it before I cracked the stubbie
I don't expect much from them ( if anything ) but I am getting more annoyed with thier reponse than the incident itself
It seems to me that they are more concerned with the implications of saying sorry than apologising to me
And what would have been a better way for a brewery to say sorry than with beer? A tour of the brewery would have also been a nice touch

Nothing is going to court, I'm too busy with work/fishing to be bothered with it at that level, plus I didn't get sick or anything
The roach didn't drink much and I only lost a bit out of the bottom of 1 beer

The nitty gritty of it all is still between me and them,....I think?
I know that forums are a public place but I haven't mentioned any names, have I?

I just started leave and hope to get a lot of fishing in down the southwest, and drinking ( two of my 3 favourite ing things to do) but you can take it as gospel that I'll be checking my stubbies straight out of the fridge, well at least the first 8 or so

I'll let you blokes know how things turn out, unless I get gagged, again

cheers
cpd

Previous

Return to The beer you buy