Coopers Vintage

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Re: Coopers Vintage

Postby drsmurto » Monday May 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Call them up and ask them - Link

Drank a few bottles of 99 on the weekend around a campfire - bloody lovely stuff. Last tiem i tried them they were warm so i didnt do it justice, this time they were nicely chilled in the esky and were effin gorgeous!
drsmurto

Postby Kevnlis » Monday May 26, 2008 9:39 pm

How did they compare with the kreik? Did you do tasting notes of the beers from the weekend? I am keen on the results! ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby Boonie » Monday May 26, 2008 10:26 pm

drsmurto wrote:Call them up and ask them - Link

Drank a few bottles of 99 on the weekend around a campfire - bloody lovely stuff. Last tiem i tried them they were warm so i didnt do it justice, this time they were nicely chilled in the esky and were effin gorgeous!

Did a search on Vintage on the site..............extract from the "Vintage Beer Discovery Opens New Debate" media release.

Last year Coopers brewing team conducted a vertical tasting of its six Vintage Ales, from the first
release in 1998, through 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2006. They found that each vintage was
still quite drinkable and had developed distinctive complex flavours.
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby PaulSteele » Thursday May 29, 2008 9:38 pm

indeed i was wrong.

it was '99 apparently, we had cases and cases in the Steele Family vault, but apparently we finished that last of it earlier this year.

delicious stuff.

now, where i think the confusion arose from was a conversation with my dad about it. he says that coopers were doing their vintage ales from 1997, but only available by direct order; that 1999 was the first batch available in bottle shops.

any truth to this?
PaulSteele

Postby drsmurto » Friday May 30, 2008 10:43 am

No. 1998 was the first ever batch.

They did do a 'Special Old Stout' around that time so that may be where the confusion comes from.
drsmurto

Previous

Return to The beer you buy