Red Duck - Purrumbete Brewing

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Red Duck - Purrumbete Brewing

Postby newers » Friday Oct 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Just had a couple of Red Duck Pale Ales and my goodness I rate it as a fine new drop.

Pleasant comparison to the drinkability a Coopers Pale Ale offers but with a little more flavour.

Other varieties include Amber Ale, and Porter.

Check out http://www.redduckbeer.com.au

A little costly at around $20 per 6pack but definately worth the outlay for something new that you WON'T be disappointed with!!!!
newers

Postby Beau » Saturday Oct 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Really? The brewery is just two minutes away from my place on the outskirts of my town and I've never even tried one.
Beau

Postby cleverpig » Thursday Nov 02, 2006 3:11 pm

Check out the Brewery page, quote "an enormous learning curve on how to step up from brewing in 25 litre plastic tubs, to 650 litre stainless steel tanks"
Red Duck is serious homebrew :wink:

Looks like they go to the Farmers Markets, will have to go to the next one when it's in town, the porter looks nice.
cleverpig

My new favorite.

Postby gremlin » Tuesday May 08, 2007 9:38 pm

I stumbled upon this great beer at my local bottlo up here in sunny QLD a few weeks back. I'm hooked on the stuff, it's become my favorite beer.
I hope the bottlo orders another batch in, Coopers tastes like soda water in comparison!
gremlin

Postby nt » Saturday May 12, 2007 7:13 pm

Their beer are so tasty, I am using their yeast for my current brew.
nt

Postby Oliver » Sunday May 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Picked up a couple of Red Duck beers yesterday at Queen Vic Market here in Melbourne, from Sword's.

Had the Burton Strong Bitter and the porter. Both absolutely magnificent. In particular I enjoyed the Burton ale, which it seems has either been discontinued or was a special edition (I note on the website that Golden Dragon strong Celtic ale is the special edition beer of the moment).

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Celtic Ale

Postby gremlin » Sunday May 13, 2007 6:38 pm

The bottlo ran out of Pale Ale's so i got one of the Dark Celtic's to try out this arvo.
Similar to Tooheys Old with more body... not as thick as Coopers Stout tho
'In the old days they brewed more basically, is it OK to drink it'. Polite answer 'Yes but we've improved the taste'.
gremlin

Re: Red Duck - Purrumbete Brewing

Postby randomiser » Monday Sep 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Anyone know where to get this in Brisbane. Have tried dan murphys and first choice.
randomiser

Return to The beer you buy