VB midstrength - IT MAKES ME SICK

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Postby heathen » Tuesday Jul 10, 2007 6:52 pm

i am often referred to as a cranky bugger by those that know me, my long suffering partner especially, and i have on many occasions walked out of restaurants, pubs or any other public event if i cant drink what i want, that foul little green bottle hasn't touched my lips in over 5 years, having said that i drop quite a lot of money when i do go out and consequently don't go out much, maybe i'm the dill? i drink for pleasure not just to get f---ed up, vb is not pleasurable. if it was i'd drink it. still i would never hassle anyone who drank it , unless they hang it on me for getting into the imported or homebrew, though i have shouted a lot of people a few of my favourites just to show them that beer doesn't end with CUB or Tooheys. vb is cultural , remember the ads, its imprinted in their subconscious, "beer is in green bottles", funny old world at times, eh? live and let live, regards heathen
...and the serpent said nothing, just grinned with knowledge.
heathen

Postby Brewaholic » Wednesday Jul 11, 2007 4:12 pm

ryan wrote:I can`t see how it matters really. They will all drink it when there`s nothing else. It`s just that they wont admit it on a hb forum. The whole pretence is so obvious, and so laughable.
If you went/ were somewhere and drank a VB because there was nothing else at all, for Christ sake say so and quit the charades.

I think we mean we wouldnt waste our money on it if its free i will drink it i have to how else can i get my moneys worth back from my mates after them guzzeling all my hb! Its as if im compelled to drink it :shock:
CURRENT STATUS -- Drunk
Brewaholic

Postby gibbocore » Wednesday Jul 11, 2007 4:49 pm

i went to my mates engagement party the other week where he had 3 kegs of vb there, i new this before hand and took a sixer of JS amber ale and a 750ml chimay white and a 750ml duvel, when people saw me drinking what wasn't on offer, i was questioned and i said, i don;t care what everyone else drinks, i just cant stand the taste of vb myself and said "i'm a self proclaimed, beer wanker, and proud of it"
gibbocore

Postby Chris » Monday Jul 16, 2007 11:59 am

Right on heathen. Drink the good stuff because you enjoy it, not the cheap stuff because it's cheap!

My days of drinking large quantities of bad beer because it was cheap came to an end shortly after I began HBing. Now I really only go to pub that I know has decent beer at them. In Canberra, that just happens to be the Wig and Pen. Or the German Club. It may cost more, but at least I am spending the money on something I enjoy.
Chris

Postby mobydick » Monday Jul 16, 2007 6:01 pm

Chris, Filthy's in Kingstons used to have some nice beers. Not even sure if Filthy's is still there? I used to enjoy their full breakfast with black pudding and a pint of Guiness :D
mobydick

Postby Chris » Tuesday Jul 17, 2007 10:13 am

Might keep an eye out. Guinness and black pudding- now that's a hell of a breakfast!
Chris

VB - no worries

Postby Fatgodzilla » Thursday Jul 19, 2007 12:32 pm

VB is better than no beer. If you have no pretentions, you have no worries. I bought a stubby of VB Gold as a roadie and it was drinkable. Last night a bloke offered me a Carlton Cold and it was drinkable. I've lived years in the Northern Territory and drunk crappy water but it was drinkable. I homebrew and inspite of my efforts, it's drinkable. Get over your inhibitions and get on with life.
Fatgodzilla

Postby ryan » Thursday Jul 19, 2007 2:47 pm

And the band played Dixie.
Couldn`t agree more. :)
ryan

Postby Chris » Thursday Jul 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Sorry to disagree Godzilla, but I'd choose no beer.
Chris

Postby heathen » Friday Jul 20, 2007 8:29 am

me too Chris, i often have if its all thats on offer. id rather have a decent coffee if theres only beer i don't like. this threads quite a conversation generator, nice. regards, heathen
heathen

Postby gregb » Friday Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

I'll stand by my comments made here.

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Postby heathen » Friday Jul 20, 2007 6:50 pm

gregb, i'm rather fond of the larger ladies, they provide warmth in the winter, shade in the summer and, if they r tattooed, moving pictures all year round. I'll say it loud and proud: heathen is a chubby chaser! still can't handle vb but. regards, heathen
heathen

Postby gregb » Saturday Jul 21, 2007 5:07 am

:shock:
gregb

Postby ryan » Saturday Jul 21, 2007 6:29 am

!
ryan

Postby Pale_Ale » Monday Jul 23, 2007 7:47 pm

lol
Coopers.
Pale_Ale

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Jul 23, 2007 8:08 pm

Never tried the midstrength variety...but full strength VB makes me litteraly crook after 1 can! Must be something they put in it?
Kevnlis

Postby Chris » Thursday Jul 26, 2007 2:15 pm

It hurts the next day too!
Chris

Previous

Return to The beer you buy