Grayston's Reserve

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Grayston's Reserve

Postby timmy » Tuesday Jul 10, 2007 10:24 am

Hi all,

Just read in the Age about the Grayston's Reserve limited edition brew from Matilda Bay. Does anyone know where it might be available in Vic? According to the article it's a dark wheat similar to the MB21 that they did a few years back.

Cheers,

Tim
timmy

Postby James L » Monday Jul 16, 2007 10:48 am

Tried some on Tap on the weekend at the Sail and Anchor in Freo... Bloody fanstastic, a weizen bock, very dark, quite strong with alot of fruity stouty tones. The poster said it was an outrageously limited release... Dunno where you'd be able to get it in Vic.... but if you can get some it'll be well worth your while..

Maybe give matilda bay a call and see where they'll distribute in Vic

James
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby timmy » Monday Sep 03, 2007 8:21 am

I managed to find some of this in Hobart last week (the 9-11 store next to Hogs Breath if anyones interested). They also had some Barking Duck too.

I wasn't blown away by it I must admit. I thought that the roasted malts overpowered the fruity flavours from the crystals and the yeast. Bit too much towards a stout for my liking (I like stout BTW but I was expecting a nice dunkel...).

Cheers,

Tim
timmy

Re: Grayston's Reserve

Postby Tim... » Monday Sep 03, 2007 9:07 am

timmy wrote:Hi all,

Just read in the Age about the Grayston's Reserve limited edition brew from Matilda Bay. Does anyone know where it might be available in Vic? According to the article it's a dark wheat similar to the MB21 that they did a few years back.

Cheers,

Tim

They have it on tap at transport in federation square ;)

Along with a few other MB beers, such as Dogbolter, Bohemian Pilsner, and Redback Pale.

Something like $8.00 or $8.50 a pint if I remember correctly.
Tim...

Return to The beer you buy