on holiday in Victoria

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

on holiday in Victoria

Postby sidman » Saturday Sep 08, 2007 9:56 pm

coming to vic early october for a wedding ,are there any good local beers to try ,will be in Flinders and Melbourne
sidman

Postby buscador » Saturday Sep 08, 2007 11:06 pm

a friday night at the goat brewery will produce the finest hangover i've had in melbourne so far, the ipa is pretty darn tasty!

b
You had me at dry hopping.
buscador

Postby Lachy » Sunday Sep 09, 2007 7:57 am

If you're going down the Mornington Peninsula to Flinders, you could do a short detour to Red Hill and check out the Red Hill Brewery.
Lachy

Postby blandy » Sunday Sep 09, 2007 8:40 am

Grand Ridge is worth a try too (maybe not the blonde, though)
I left my fermenter in my other pants
blandy

Postby lethaldog » Sunday Sep 09, 2007 10:06 am

Lachy wrote:If you're going down the Mornington Peninsula to Flinders, you could do a short detour to Red Hill and check out the Red Hill Brewery.

Ill vouch for that one, i dont quite remember which one it was but they now have a beer on tap at the bay hotel in main street mornington that is fantastic, would be well worth a trip to the brewery where they have a restaraunt and pour there beers there in the bar :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby Lachy » Sunday Sep 09, 2007 2:38 pm

lethaldog wrote:
Lachy wrote:If you're going down the Mornington Peninsula to Flinders, you could do a short detour to Red Hill and check out the Red Hill Brewery.

Ill vouch for that one, i dont quite remember which one it was but they now have a beer on tap at the bay hotel in main street mornington that is fantastic, would be well worth a trip to the brewery where they have a restaraunt and pour there beers there in the bar :wink:

Yep, that's them. They do a golden ale that's available on-tap at the Bay (one of my semi-regular haunts). Quite a good drop. :D
Lachy

Return to The beer you buy