Red Hill Brewery beers

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Red Hill Brewery beers

Postby timmy » Sunday Nov 25, 2007 7:39 pm

Hi all,

Grabbed a mixed 6-pack of their beers last night. They have a hefeweizen, a golden ale and a scotch ale.
The hefe is quite nice - using the 3068 WYeast (I guess), a 70/30 mix of wheat and barley and tettnang flowers. Their golden ale is quite nice too, although quite different from the Squires. I found it similar to Coopers Pale but with a cleaner finish from the tettnang and hallertau flowers they use - I've not seen them used much in a standard type ale. I haven't tried the scotch ale yet.
Apparently they grow their own hops down there too (Mornington Peninsula).

I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's opinion of them...

Cheers,

Tim
timmy

Postby lethaldog » Sunday Nov 25, 2007 8:13 pm

ive tried the golden on tap at the bay hotel in mornington and it was very nice :wink:
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Re: Red Hill Brewery beers

Postby spatch » Friday Apr 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Before starting another topic thought I'd do a quick search and found this............
bit old but it'll do.

Went there today after stopping at the Red Hill Winery to earn some brownie points.
This place was quite cool.
4 Nice beers on tap, Golden Ale, Wheat Beer, Scotch Ale and some Hops Mix thing (can't remember their name for it)
Check their website for the proper names and some details on each.
Had lunch there and boy did it get busy. Great Ploughmans lunch.
Came home with a sixer of the Scotch Ale 8).

They do Brewery tours on the 1st Sunday each month so will head down there next week for look see.
spatch

Re: Red Hill Brewery beers

Postby earle » Tuesday Apr 29, 2008 8:22 am

Had a Red Hill scothch ale that I got from Mama Parma's last week. MMMMMMMM, beautiful and malty. A scotch ale is definitely going to be made this year.
earle

Return to The beer you buy