Damn You All

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Damn You All

Postby bgm1409 » Friday May 23, 2008 3:50 pm

As a consequence of what I have read on these forums over the last few days I decided to go and buy 6 packs of Pilsner Urquell and Schofferhofer Hefeweizen with a view of taste testing them last night when my son got home from work. We tried the Pilsner Urquell first, and came to the conclusion that we would never buy any other beer again--wow it was good. Then we tried the Schofferhofer Hefeweizen, and came to the conclusion that we would definately NEVER buy any other beer again--WOW it was bloody good.

The problem is that I'm not a wealthy man, so now I have to decide which of life's essentials to forego in order to buy my beer, and what am I going to buy when I go to the local to watch the Socceroos tonight? Don't think they'll be too happy if I BYO--they do have Tooheys Old on tap so maybe just this once I can call a sub off the bench.

My brew of Pilsner Urquell clone is nicely bubbling away in the fermenter, and will be replaced once bottled with a Schofferhofer Hefeweizen. Bit worried that from now on my home brew will be very 1 dimensional--Pilsner Urquell or Schofferhofer Hefeweizen.
bgm1409

Re: Damn You All

Postby Kevnlis » Friday May 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Just don't try any of the Belgians... trust me they can be VERY expensive to clone properly ;)
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby rwh » Friday May 23, 2008 4:19 pm

bgm1409 wrote:My brew of Pilsner Urquell clone is nicely bubbling away in the fermenter, and will be replaced once bottled with a Schofferhofer Hefeweizen. Bit worried that from now on my home brew will be very 1 dimensional--Pilsner Urquell or Schofferhofer Hefeweizen.

Never mind. It'll take your lifetime to master brewing those.
w00t!
rwh

Postby Zuma » Sunday May 25, 2008 9:35 pm

rwh wrote:
bgm1409 wrote:My brew of Pilsner Urquell clone is nicely bubbling away in the fermenter, and will be replaced once bottled with a Schofferhofer Hefeweizen. Bit worried that from now on my home brew will be very 1 dimensional--Pilsner Urquell or Schofferhofer Hefeweizen.

Never mind. It'll take your lifetime to master brewing those.

:lol:

dead right there!

Just tucking into a Staropramen.

Delicious is it. :P
Don't re-invent the wheel, change the tyre..
Zuma

Postby PaulSteele » Thursday May 29, 2008 9:44 pm

every time i buy a pilsner Urquell i get a skunked one!

i've never tried a decent one.

though, they've all been from the same bottl-o. I'm clearly the dickhead here.
PaulSteele

Postby bgm1409 » Friday May 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Forgot to mention how lucky we were to get to the local a little late. Darren Lehman was there earlier giving away XXXX Gold as a promo--unfortunately he was gone by the time we arrived :wink: Did have a couple of Tooheys Old while the son had a couple of Bundy and cokes (on tap).
bgm1409

Postby James L » Friday May 30, 2008 4:25 pm

you could always refuse the free XXXX... i dont think you'd be insulting anyone
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Return to The beer you buy