Holgate Extreme range

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Holgate Extreme range

Postby timmy » Thursday Jul 31, 2008 9:19 pm

Hey all,

I went to the release night for Holgate's new Extreme range tonight. They had tastings there for their Temptress (Choc Porter), Hopinator (double IPA) and Double Trouble (Belgian dubbel). I was very impressed with all, particularly the Double Trouble. Well worth a taste if you can find them at your local.

cheers,

Tim

ps: Sorry about posting only after the event...... :oops:
timmy

Re: Holgate Extreme range

Postby corks » Saturday Aug 02, 2008 2:09 pm

are they going to be released in stubbies?
corks

Postby timmy » Saturday Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm

According to their site they will be, but I couldn't find them at my local Dan's. Might try Swords or somewhere like that.
timmy

Postby chadjaja » Saturday Aug 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Not at swords QVM just yet. I was there the other day whilst the useless dude behind the counter said all pale ales were the same really as they are pale ales after all :roll: :roll: :roll:

I can't wait to try the Choc porter. Its been on my wish list to make but obviously by the time its ready now the warmer weather will be here. Holgate make some of my fav beers out there.

If anyone does see them I'd appreciate a heads up where :D
chadjaja

Postby homebrewer79 » Monday Aug 04, 2008 9:01 am

Thats it, you people have stood in my way long enough, I'm going to clown college
homebrewer79

Postby timmy » Monday Aug 04, 2008 1:59 pm

homebrewer79 wrote:http://www.holgatebrewhouse.com/bottle_shops.html

That just shows their normal stockists, not the ones that are specifically selling the Extreme range.
timmy

Postby homebrewer79 » Monday Aug 04, 2008 2:40 pm

Just give em a buzz and ask them if they distribute to someone near you, or better yet, book in for dinner and grab some take aways :wink: :)
Thats it, you people have stood in my way long enough, I'm going to clown college
homebrewer79

Postby rwh » Wednesday Aug 06, 2008 6:01 pm

The Holgate brewery really is worth a visit. One of the few breweries I've been to when I've loved every beer (and they have like 12 of them too). Also, the actual brewery is visible on two sides through huge plate glass windows, and they were doing a brew while I was there. :) Oh, and the beef pie is great too. :)
w00t!
rwh

Postby chadjaja » Wednesday Sep 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Just worth mentioning as I hadn't seen it here yet that these are on tap at Jamiesons new pub in Clifton hill on Queens parade. 12 local beers on tap in total from memory :D

I'll be there soon for the $15 parma and pint!

Also Holgate are having a meet the brewer night just up the road at the terminus hotel on the first Thurs in Oct and I'm sure these beers will be there for free tasting. The Hargraves Hill night was good with some decent tastings for me :D
chadjaja

Return to The beer you buy