Coldstream Brewery

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Coldstream Brewery

Postby KEG » Sunday Aug 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Anyone else tried their beers? They've got a Lager, a Bitter, a Cider and a Winter Ale.

The Winter Ale is apparently based on their Bitter, but given an extended secondary fermentation on couverture chocolate. And geez it's good. As far as I know, only available at the brewery itself. They do a $4 sampler, with 4 small glasses, one of each brew. try the Winter Ale after the Bitter, the chocolate really shines through.

The other 3 are pretty damn tasty too. Anyone else been there? (Coldstream, Victoria - just outside Lilydale)
KEG

Re: Coldstream Brewery

Postby rwh » Wednesday Aug 06, 2008 6:00 pm

I've been there but was on the motorbike and I'm not off my restrictions so I had to settle for a mixed sixpack. Which consisted of three of their cider and three of the lager? pilsner? can't remember. Anyway, I'll have a try of 'em tonight.
w00t!
rwh

Re: Coldstream Brewery

Postby Swifty » Wednesday Aug 20, 2008 10:16 am

I went there with the wife about a week ago. Tried everything they had twice and got a six pack of Piilsers (the only one you can buy in bottle). Enjoyed their Ale, fuggles and East Kent I think. Bloody delicious. The winter ale was ok but it's not my style as much as a tasty pale ale. The Pilsner was good too. Well I actually enjoyed them all. Food was good too.
Swifty

Return to The beer you buy