Want to buy some cleanskin beer

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Want to buy some cleanskin beer

Postby monkey_spanker » Monday Oct 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi everyone, No time for an intro, Im only wanting to know this one thing and then I will be off. My name is Melissa and I live in Darwin, my dad lives in Victoria, and we are having a party in two weeks for his 50th (I will go down).

I wanted to get some beer with our own label on it but I dont want to pay a squillion just for the label IYKWIM. So I was thinking we can do the labels ourselves, now I just want some beer with no labels. Ive tried barley brewers in oakley and I have to be there to make the beer they wont do it for me, also contacted a few other places with the few and far between ones I found and it seems that clean skin beers do not exist. (Im really confused why you can get cleanskin wine but not beer, that sux!) Anyways.

We would like the beer to be close to Melbourne Bitter. Is anyone able to help me out with where we could get a few one off cartons of no label beer tasting like Melbourne Bitter before the 24th of October?

Or maybe you know of a way to get the labels off melbourne bitter without ruining the beer?

Please help, THANK YOU!!!!

Melissa.
monkey_spanker

Re: Want to buy some cleanskin beer

Postby Boonie » Monday Oct 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Soak the beer bottles/labels in a Laundry tub with Napisan.

Soak in tepid water, not hot....mildly warmish :? .

Leave for 24 Hours and they will peel off.

Cheers

Boonie
A homebrew is like a fart, only the brewer thinks it's great.
Give me a flying headbutt.......
Boonie

Postby Chris » Monday Oct 06, 2008 3:27 pm

How would you even know if you ruined Melbourne Bitter? That's a question for the philosophers.

But Boonie is right- just soak in napisan (or bleach). Then print off new labels on the old computer. Pretty easy to do.

The reason that there is no cleanskin beer is because there is not a glut of barley and hops (actually a shortage) like there is for grapes.
A beer in the hand is worth two in George Bush...

"They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza"
Psychostick
Chris

Postby monkey_spanker » Monday Oct 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks so much guys.

Looks like we will be doing the old soak em off trick.

What should we use to print the labels on? Im thinking normal paper would just soak through right away.
monkey_spanker

Postby chadjaja » Monday Oct 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Labels printed on plain paper is fine. Apply them by brushing the entire back of them with milk. Don't worry if the label is soggy, it will dry and stay firmly in place and not smell either. I use this for my home brew as the milk soaked labels come off easily under plain water later on after drunk. If you want to keep the beers on ice then you will have to use some sort of hobby glue.
chadjaja

Postby corks » Monday Oct 06, 2008 9:09 pm

seriously, milk? i would never have thought of that. i'll keep it in mind.
corks

Return to The beer you buy