Echuca brewery

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Echuca brewery

Postby banger » Thursday Aug 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Has anyone else been here and tasted their beers?

I don't mean to be nasty or anything, but in all my beer drinking years (20+), these are THE worst beers I've ever had. So bad that I'd rather drink Tooheys Red for the rest of my days than drink any of their beers again.

My father-in-law and I thought we'd try a couple of their beers (they have 6 in their range) whilst on a recent trip up north. Their lager is OK, but I tried their pale ale, dark ale and wheat beer and all were terrible - they had a kind of sour taste as if the beer was off. I thought they may have had dirty beer lines or something, but i bought a stubby of the dark ale just in case and it also had a vinegary/sour taste. Disappointing, because they have a pretty good setup.
banger

Re: Echuca brewery

Postby corks » Thursday Aug 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Oh thank god that they're bad. I've already shotgunned Echuca for my micro-brewery...
corks

Postby banger » Friday Aug 28, 2009 4:44 pm

Well there's still an opening there Corks. You'd have to deliberately contaimnate your beer for it to be that bad.
banger

Postby WSC » Tuesday Sep 01, 2009 12:29 am

Poor buggers, they sound like they have invested big time for a drop that may have issues.

Have you given them the feedback?

Not many people set out to brew bad beer. Let them know and they can fix it.
WSC

Return to The beer you buy